Racing Simulator | FerrariChat

Racing Simulator

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by jm348, Feb 5, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    Go check this baby out immediately.....was killing some time at Fast Cars/Tillack and Craig asked me to try the simulator. Whoa!! i didn't want to leave....practically any car on any track in the world, it was amazing. Go for an oil change and while you are waiting have some fun...you will not regret it. How do I convince the wife we need one of these? :D

Fast Cars is in Redondo Beach

2. Chris-CXC Simulations

Chris-CXC Simulations Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris Considine
    Hey, that's our simulator!

I'm so glad you liked it :) What cars and tracks did you try?

Chris Considine
    CXC Simulations

3. jm348

jm348 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 21, 2007
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeff M
    A 430 challenge at Laguna Seca...then an F1 car at Talledega then on the streets of Long Beach......pretty amazing!! :D

4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    More info needed!

Went to the website...I assume it'll be based on a computer (pretty much all good simulators are as we know!), but what software does it run? Approximate cost?

Thanks.

5. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Chris, maybe you could answer this question better than I can.

6. Chris-CXC Simulations

Sep 20, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris Considine
    #6 Chris-CXC Simulations, Feb 6, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
    No Problem :)

First a word on our site.... We have a new super-site with tons of information about to launch in a week or so, so this shouldn't be an issue in the future :)

PC: It is in-fact PC based. The PC is included and integrated into the simulator frame along with all of the other components. This means no wires, no hassles, just a turnkey simulator needing only a little space, power and an internet connection.

Software: We use a very wide range of racing software. All are included at no extra charge. The software we pre-install is rFactor, iRacing, GTR Evolutions, Race 07, STCC, and Race On. This means you can race literally thousands of cars and tracks. Each one FEELS measurably different and is a completely different experience. We can also install extra software to suit a customer's individual needs. This is an even bigger list.

Price: Base model, Motion Pro II Simulators start at about $32,000.00 and we offer a variety of options to personalize your simulator from there.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you might have,

Chris Considine
    CXC Simulations

7. Chris-CXC Simulations

Sep 20, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris Considine
    Awesome :) Try iRacing next time....the laser scanned race tracks mean unbelievable millimeter accuracy. It truly is a training tool.

Chris Considine
    CXC Simulations

8. gt2urbo

gt2urbo Karting

Dec 27, 2009
    LA
    sounds like fun

9. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Thanks Chris.

It looks and sounds like a fantastic package. Tad expensive for me though right now!