Radio Code Card | FerrariChat

Radio Code Card

Discussion in '360/430' started by jlonmark, Jul 30, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    So I just got my car back after 2 months of being out (instrument cluster rebuild)! Of course the battery was disconnected and now I need to input the radio code. I never understood why manufacturers do this (you would have to be an idiot to steal a stock stereo), and now I need to find the code. I've been through all the books, manuals, etc. The closest I can find is the "electronic code" card that is attached to the book titled "Warranty Card and Owner's Service Book." There is a picture of a key and below that the "electronic code" and then "mechanical code" The electronic code is 5 numbers- the same amount of spaces required by the radio. Can anybody confirm if this is the right card for the radio code. I've already checked the Becker book and there are 6 digits on the card and nothing that says radio code.

Thanks!

2. donho

donho Karting

Oct 11, 2006
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I bought my car new and have everything that came with it. There's definitely a card specifically with the radio PIN that is clearly identifiable as such. I know because I had to find it the first time I used the battery switch in the trunk. I agree with you about stealing the Becker unit. It's a piece of crap, along with the rest of the sound system. I replaced it all but kept the original crap for the buyer who thinks the 360 will become a SWB 250gt.

3. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
  4. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    I recently encountered the same issue when I had to take my car into repaint the brake calipers... All I did was call Becker and read them the serial number off the side of the radio this required me having Ferrari pull the radio and date instantly gave me the five digit key code over the phone.

5. babyboo

babyboo Formula Junior
    BANNED

Feb 28, 2012
    Nsuburban Chicago
    Full Name:
    Baby Boo
    The electronic and radio codes are NOT the same.

6. Financialman

Financialman Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    San Jose CA
    Full Name:
    Dan Carpenter
    My radio code was on a plastic card that said "Becker" on it, 5 digits.

7. little_daz

little_daz Karting

Jul 28, 2012
    UK
    If you need the code let me know as I have been decoding radios for 10 years and I have done a few 360 beckers in the past.

Yes, the code is 5 digits. The same as Mercedes and Porsche.

SilverSerg likes this.
  8. TALON30

TALON30 Karting

Jan 8, 2010
    you should have two small pulls with a hook like end, (in your radio items). If you have these it will take about 5 sec. to pull the radio.
    You will see two slots on the front of the radio (each corner). Just put the metal pulls and and pull out the radio. than get the s/n off the side of the radio.
    you can do a search for "becker radio codes". there are several sites that sell them.
    I paid around $ 10.00.

9. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    I got mine for free when I called Becker... It all depends who you get on the phone.

10. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I just found out the hard way that the electronic code and the radio code are NOT the same. Yes, they are both 5 digits long and both are numbered 1-7. And now I'm waiting 2700 seconds to get another crack at it again. Oh and BTW the 2700 seconds restart when you turn the car off, or kill the main power in the trunk. I know you aren't supposed to listen to the radio in a Ferrari.... Maybe this is a sign

11. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    My serial number is 51500350.

12. little_daz

little_daz Karting

Jul 28, 2012
    UK
    #12 little_daz, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
    Hi Jlonmark.
    Your code is:

Let me know if this works as I've lost my notes for Ferrari radios, but I'm pretty sure this is the one.

Also tell me when you have a note of this code so that I can delete it from the post.

13. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Little_Daz: Thanks for your help.... but that was not the right code.

14. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Which model Becker is it - the reason for asking is I think in 02 it could have been a four digit code

15. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Exactly. Is it the cassette or the cd or Navigation radio? 4 vs 5 digit code..

tfos750 likes this.
  16. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    It's a 2005 F430 and it is the 5 digit code. Unfortunately I posted the code of the CD changer from the Becker card. Ugh! I guess I need to pull the head unit.

17. little_daz

little_daz Karting

Jul 28, 2012
    UK
    ooops, yes you would need the serial of the radio. As far as I remember the 360 has a 4 digit code and the F430 has a 5 digit code.

Pull the head unit and give me the serial and I'll re-calculate it for you.

18. Speedfreak1

Speedfreak1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2012
    #18 Speedfreak1, Sep 3, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
    Hi
    Can you get the code for my radio?

F430
    Model no. BE 6112
    Serial no. 75020291

19. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    perhaps 66664 or 46664?

20. little_daz

little_daz Karting

Jul 28, 2012
    UK
    Your code would be 66664
    HTH.

21. andymo1972

andymo1972 Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2004
    Ft Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy L
    I put my factory Becker unit back in my 360 and it powers up and says "Ferrari" then just says "wait". I am pretty sure I have the right 4 digit code but it hasn't asked for it...is something else wrong or do I just need to keep the ignition on until the wait message goes away? Any help is appreciated...

22. little_daz

little_daz Karting

Jul 28, 2012
    UK
    If it says wait then the wrong number has been entered previously. The internal timer resets when the power is disconnected so it needs to be left permanently on until code comes up.

yes, you need to leave it switched on until it resets, however the timer can be progressive so can take from 15 mins to 2.5 hours.

If you're able to remove the radio, then you simply need an ISO lead which can be got from most car audio stores. Connect this to a battery or stable voltage charger and you can poer it up on the bench rather than the car.
    If you need the code confirming let me know.

23. andymo1972

Mar 9, 2004
    Ft Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy L
    Thank you! I got the code screen to come up after about 45 min but the code I have isn't right. It's definitely 4 digits though:

2000 Ferrari 360
    Model: BE4377
    Serial X5005977

Thank you again...Andy.

24. little_daz

little_daz Karting

Jul 28, 2012
    UK
    Hi Andy,
    The code should be 2197. Let me know how you go on.
    Thanks

25. andymo1972

Mar 9, 2004
    Ft Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy L
    Code worked perfectly, thank you again!!!!