Raikkonen Hypocrisy in F1 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Raikkonen Hypocrisy in F1

Discussion in 'F1' started by Nuvolari, Sep 2, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Well, most people do not like fake and drama personalities. It is what it is for Kimi. Shrugs and moves on. Hamilton will thank 'the best fans' etc etc. Go figure.

2. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    Kimi is the goat, easy

Bas and Jakuzzi like this.
  3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Since his return, he's relegated as a tail gunner, he's accepted that role graciously - which also means less drama with media.

4. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    In my mind, this is a simple answer. Hamilton gets the "haters" because he chooses to put himself out there on topics other than racing. once you do that you will elicit emotions - good and bad and you have to accept that. Of late he has started the preaching of sustainability - and political views so that naturally gets people going. I think he's a good driver, but not close to the best, I think he thinks he's doing his part, and I think he is, but he has a more humble opinion of himself than his actions portray - so I think people react to that. I will give him total credit, when he wants to - camera or not - he's himself, and tries to be real... all that is why he gets the press - negative and positive.

Raikkonen - is pretty much the opposite, he says nothing, so when he actually shows emotion it's news... and then he chooses to not comment on it ... the people who like him like the attitude - vs. the actual driver. As a driver he is average at best. He won the World championship true, but it was a lucky win.

lastly - F-1 is nothing but hypocrisy... Billionaires playing with cars and charging the public to watch it? what else do you expect? its always been like that, even in the 1930's...

Bas and DF1 like this.
  5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

+1 - Kimi title more lost by Mclaren than won by Ferrari sadly but true. Still a win lol :)

Bas likes this.
  6. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    agreed!

Bas likes this.
  7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    He got the title that he should've won in 2003 and/or 2005. He was just a BEAST in that Mclaren with those Michelins. 2003 especially was amazing...so consistent despite driving in a year old car is the car Mclaren was developing was a nightmare, ahead of it's time but a nightmare.

eric355 and 375+ like this.
  8. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    I find Kimi really bland and uninteresting, a very good driver when he feels like it which is not often but I give him kudos , he must very smart as he consistently found suckers to pay him handsomely to go through the motions of an F1 driver . Good for him .
    And his attitude sucks most of the time , won’t give anyone the time of the day and yet those are the people that find it funny when he treats them like dirt .

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  9. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Same with all the hate u guys have forgotten Hamilton… why? Does it change anyone’s life lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Finnish people are indeed generally quiet and reserved.
    Then you add alcohol.
    Then not so quiet, not so reserved.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  11. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    That's racin'.

DF1 likes this.
  12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I don't think anyone on here ever complained about Lewis' salary.

Lewis, as explained plenty of times, get plenty of stick because he acts like a hypocrite dick.

Flavio_C likes this.
  13. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    I wish I had the dislike button. I don't understand why an athlete needs to "play for the crowd" or be a social media rat. Raikkonen was super talented, his time at Mclaren proved he could had become one of the all time greats, and he would later became champion with a weak Ferrari. No bullsh*t, no smiles for the cameras, no "inspirational quotes" , etc., just pedal to the metal. I wish more drivers were like him.

LVP488 and Bas like this.
  14. Zeus

Zeus Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2007
    Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Lawrence
    I agree. A F1 driver's only out of car obligations, such as promotional appearances and media interviews, are as specifically contained in their team and personal sponsorship contracts. They have no additional obligations imposed on them simply because they are either highly paid athletes in a rarefied sport or in the public eye. Some are extroverts and enjoy the adulation and media exposure that comes with being a F1 driver and, believe it or not, there are others who despite their aggressive driving style and perceived personas are actually rather shy off the track and only reluctantly engage in their required off track contractual media and promotional requirements. I have personally known both types.

Flavio_C and Bas like this.
  15. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    I am good with dislike , we can't all see eye to eye . Kimi acts rude , everyone thinks it is hilarious and funny , pretty much any other driver that makes similar comments as Kimi's get berated and crucified . Go figure.

Nuvolari and ktu like this.