RAIKKONEN Interview From Hockenheim July 10, 2008 | FerrariChat

RAIKKONEN Interview From Hockenheim July 10, 2008

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by RP, Jul 10, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    (from autosport)

Q. How has today's test gone for you?

Kimi Raikkonen: It is not too bad. We had a small issue with the car but we fixed it. Just trying different things and it seems to be working quite well.

Q. Which area are the different things in?

KR: In the setup side. We are just trying to find a good setup, some new things to find out what is the best way.

Q. Do you think the set-up is now in a good situation?

KR: We will see next weekend, or in the race. It is difficult to see how it is now. We always try different things, and try to find a good setup. If we find it for sure we are going to use it, in testing it is difficult to say. At least we know what we are doing so... I am very happy with how the car is feeling.

Q. Do you think your rivals will be strong at Hockenheim?

KR: I don't know. I haven't looked at what laptimes they are doing. We have enough work of our own to do so maybe you know better. For sure McLaren will be fast. I think we have a good package and we haven't lost any speed, we just need to have a good weekend.

Q. You are known as the Iceman, but we saw you on the grid at Silverstone defending your privacy quite strongly.

KR: Nah it wasn't… he came on top of my helmet and I had my stuff there so I pushed him a bit and he fell on his back, so it's nothing. People try to make a big thing out of it, but he shouldn't come on top of my stuff. I mean it was just a small thing and people tried to make a big story out of it.

Q. Do you feel you wasted the advantage Ferrari has over the other teams in the last race?

KR: I don't know what you mean.

Q. The car has improved from last year, even on tracks where you do not normally shine, but in certain cases you haven't collected the points you expected to.

KR: Of course we are not so happy with the results we have got. But we got back in the joint lead of the championship, and probably we should have got more points but we made a mistake and it happens in racing. It's not the first time and it's not, unfortunately, going to be the last time, so it's just part of the game and we need to learn from it.

But we have a strong team and we are pushing forward hard. Okay people always expect us to win every race, but this is not so easy. For sure we are going to start winning again soon and we just keep working hard.

Q. McLaren tried a new shark fin engine cover, will Ferrari be curious to try it?

KR: I don't want to try their parts! We do our own thing and we put on the car what we think are good things. You will see in the future what we are going to do. Like I said we are pretty happy with what we have done, just trying different things. I haven't seen what they are doing or made any effort even to look. We have our own things to do and that is much more important.

Q. Does Hockenheim suit this year's Ferrari?

KR: We are quite happy with how things went today, yesterday was obviously more difficult with the weather. The circuit is nice, I always enjoy it here. It is too early to say against the others, but the feeling with the car is pretty good and that is always a nice sign. But we need to wait until the race to see really what will happen. But I am quite happy.