Raikkonen Needs His A$$ Kicked !! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Raikkonen Needs His A$$ Kicked !!

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by tifosi69, Mar 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Yes. They are in trouble.

2. Turb0flat4

Turb0flat4 Formula 3

Mar 7, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    RND
    Totally OT, but speaking of a nude Elle, I'm sure you must have enjoyed "Sirens" as much as I did ! ;)

3. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Cool flick!

4. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I think Kimi should get at least a good yelling at by FIA, if not a small fine. Points penalty wouldn't do any good ;-).

I was just discussing with someone how in World Rally Championship they interview the drivers right as they go out, and the second they cross the finish line... and even those drivers whose cars have exploded act civilly (sp?), even if angry. They are much better behaved.

5. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yep :D

Pete

6. hps

hps Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    I agree, and I think Martin Brundle had the same insight as this had happened. He and James Allen are the commentators on TSN , here in Canada, and he said the exact same thing. People sometimes lose sight of this.
    Think about a time where you have been cut off behind the wheel, or had a close call....you get a bit torqued up....multiply that by about 100, and I suspect that is waht was going through Kimi's mind at the time....not to mention how pissed off he must have been to see another 10 points slip past...
    hps

7. Ric

Ric Karting

Dec 25, 2003
    On the road..Conn
    Full Name:
    Ric N
    kimi is just like mika hakkinen..trying to be calm and icy cool on the outside, but when things get hot, that ice will melt..hey at least we haven't seen him go snorting in the bush like mika yet.

8. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
  9. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley
    Well said Pete.

In my 20 years of SCCA racing i've also had my moments. In the early '90's I was doing very well in FP. It seems the better the shot I had at winning, the more "intense" I was after the race if I hadn't won. People just knew to keep away from me for about 20 minutes after I got out of the car. In later years, I became more civil. Racing maturity ? I may not be doing quite as well but I definitely have more friends and am having more fun.

Tom

10. fastback33

fastback33 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2004
    Way to blow things out of proportion. Yes, he pushed the marshal out of the way with some force behind it, but he didn't fall down nor punch him, like the prick who made the thread stated. I've seen the race twice and seen kimi push the track marshal twice, it is no big deal. You all act like you have never gotten angry or pushed/punched anyone. Pull your heads out of your asses and start looking at it from another angle, because all of your views are close minded and ignorant, regardless of his actions. If any of you had the skill to become the next champion, had two engines blow up on you would be pissed to. (especially when kimi was right at the end of the race and could have easily gotten 3rd) So how about you all practice what you preach and stop talking like you've never gotten mad or physical with someone.

11. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Sure, we'd all be mad... but those of us through puberty wouldn't take it out on someone who had nothing to do with it. Someone runs a stop light and T-bones your Ferrari... you are rightfully pissed... a passerby comes to your shattered window and asks if you are okay... you take out your anger by shoving them??

If you think that's mature or even excusable behavior, I'm worried about you.

Now if the track marshal had dropped his yellow flag into Kimi's car resulting in a crash, then I'd be far more understanding!

12. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley

Brian,
    You just don't understand. Being in a race has been likened to a controlled nervous breakdown. You're on the edge of out of control for 1 1/2 hours. When it comes to an abrupt end (as in having an engine blow) you really are not in the mood to be civil upon getting out of the car.

The marshall did his job , which was to guide Kimi to safety and do a preliminary check of his condition. Kimi's reaction to this , though it may be considered rude by some, was to be expected. In my humble opinion.

Tom

13. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Tom,

I agree that you are just on the edge when you are racing. But the fact of the matter is once the checker flag flies or you are out of the race, thats it the Anger has to end. plain and simple. In amature events you try this and your race licence may end up in the shreader. in a pro event the eyes of your sponsors the fans and the rest of the world is watching. That that make the pro drivers any more special??? NO the fact of the matter is that they are there to set a professional image to there sponsors and fans.

Kimi in this respect is not a true professional. I feel that this has almost become an indictment on the general public because. No fines or sanctions have yet to be announced. Also some of the comments on this thread are disturbing by people pretty much saying that what he did was OK. BS it is not OK the public takes a look at this see that hey he can get away with this and the next thing we know the general public will start to act this way!!!

A couple years ago i was very close to landing a position of race team manager at the professional level. Durring the interview i was asked how i would respond if one of the team members were to do the very same thing and it was shown to the public. So yes the sponsors really do care about the image that the people that they sponsor and how they project that to the public.

Rob

14. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Nuff said! Obviously this non-profile having 10 poster did not read what I said, never said he punched or fell, might want to re-read.

15. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley

Rob,

I very much respect your opinion what SHOULD occur in a perfect, politically correct society. However, in our imperfect world, people act imperfectly.

Tom
    (imperfect) ;)

16. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Tom, LOL, point taken but I still think Kimi could stand to mature, especially if he truly desires a WC.

17. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley
    Rob,

At times we could all stand a little increase in the maturity quotient. ;)

Tom

18. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    I do understand, Tom... but disagree. You are missing the word "controlled" in "controlled nervous breakdown". So, what does Kimi do when he is forced over the curb on the inside of a turn? In his pissed off state, realizing his car has been trashed, he floors it and T-bones the driver who ran him off??

Sorry, these guys are operating vehicles on the edge in DEADLY situations... the drivers depend upon EACH OTHER for their lives... you can't have a pubescent hot-head over-reacting out there!

Ask yourself, if Kimi cannot control his behavior towards an innocent after he's come to a stop, gotten out of the car, re-attached his steering wheel, and begun walking away... then how is he going to control his behavior towards the competition while still in the heat of driving on the edge???

No, if Kimi acted that way towards the track marshal due to a lack of control, then his F1 ride should be pulled immediately. He is a hazard. However, I don't think that's what happened at all. I think he was just acting like a snob... he was simply being rude to the lowly track marshal... much like the jerk kicking his dog when he gets home after having a bad day. Disgraceful behavior, IMO.

19. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess

Bravo!!!!!!!!!!

20. trevi

trevi F1 Rookie
    Owner

May 19, 2003
    Switzerland
    what an incredible hype!

21. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley

Brian,

I like you and have always enjoyed your posts and respected your opinions. However, in this case I find I must say that if you haven't been there and actually RACED, you should cut a little slack toward those that have. Kimi , me, and any other race driver.

Perhaps your desire for a more "controlled" environment in racing is one of the reasons for the current state of affairs in F1. Boring, unexciting races and race drivers who are equally boring and have opted for political correctness at the expense of an actual personality. Real racing is not "civil". Never has been , never will be. To deny that racing is an extremely personal, brutal yet beautiful sport, is to deny the very essence of the competitive spirit.

Tom

22. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    If Kimi had gotten run off the track by a passing Juan Pablo, who crashed in front of him... and then Kimi gotten out of his car and jumped Juan... and a good ol' NHL-style skirmish ensued... I wouldn't have issue at all... in fact, it would be somewhat amusing.

But I will continue to have issue with a driver who either:
    a) doesn't have enough control to direct his anger to the proper "culprits"
    b) doesn't have enough respect for other people to not direct anger at the innocent

Let me give another example... Mike Tyson is duking it out with whoever in the ring (you won't convince me that driving is more intense than pro boxing)... he exits the ring after a loss and as he passes through the crowd, a fan says honestly "good fight, Mike"... and Mike, in his pissed off state, shoves the fan...

No, its not okay!

The opponent knees him in the balls, and a WWF-style skirmish results... I have no issue at all.

I don't have issue at all with "unpolished" commentary from JPM or KR... I don't have issue with cockiness from them... I enjoy much of their frankness... and I like to see some reckless agressiveness in hope of winning. That I want to see. But I don't want to see lethal loss of mental control during a race... and I don't want to see abuse of innocents.

23. 4RE Bob

4RE Bob Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Kimi didn't go looking for someome to push. He didn't push his way past someone. He pushed someone who ran up to him from behind and grabed his arm, unnecessarily.

Some of the people in this thread who think he acted unprofessionally, want to kick him -- go figure.

24. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley

Brian,
    Even though your views are misguided, I still like you. Let's agree to disagree.

Your F List buddy,
    Tom

25. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    And NOW I feel really bad for Dark Lord Raikonnen. His cars have been absolute crap this year for reliability. I think that there was a logistical error and they've been using AMC engines and not AMG.