Rallies v Concoursi | FerrariChat

Rallies v Concoursi

Discussion in 'Events Discussion' started by Texas Forever, Apr 24, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    This is going to sound bad. I believe everybody should go to Cavallino, Pebble, Quail, Amelia, and so on at least once, hell, go several times. But, but, I get tired of standing around and LOOKING at cars. Don't misunderstand, I appreciate the art. I remember when Concorso Italianco was on the golf course next to the Pacific. (Maybe it is still there.) Talk about primary colors. The green grass. The primary colors of the cars. The blue sky. The green of the ocean. Many, many, many years ago, I fooled around with things that altered your perspective of reality. But, today, after a while, I get bored. I want to drive. I want to experience. I want to hang with people who also drive. I could care less about someone getting a super duper, platinum, bitcoin, award. Trust me. I'm not putting down those who do, but it ain't for me.

I'd rather ride with Jay.

2. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Spot on!

Texas Forever likes this.
  3. islandguy

islandguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Northern CA & NV
    My son and I continue to attend Concorso Italiano every year as it’s been a father/son tradition for over a decade (since he could walk). In fact we have every wrist band for all those years on a wall in the garage. If it wasn’t for tradition we’d both rather park in downtown Carmel, eat a few over cooked cart hotdogs, watch a few cars, and go for a drive along the coast. We had more fun at this year’s Wekfest than any Concorso in the recent memory.

JAM1, Texas Forever and JSinNOLA like this.
  4. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
    For concours events, I try to arrive early just so I can see/hear the entries rolling in, that's the best part of it to me. So much better than the static part of a show.

5. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    I take your point, but while attendance at Cavallino's track event has waned badly in recent years, the Saturday concorso is only part of the overall event. I'm not sure how Cavallino will evolve (or devolve) going forward, but there's still stuff to do above and beyond the static display on Saturday- albeit not as much as in the past.

Texas Forever likes this.
  6. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    #6 TTR, Apr 25, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
    @Texas Forever,

Quit watching TV, wasting time whining about your boredom on the internet forums.
    Get in your car, put your throttle foot where your mouth or keyboard fingers are and go driving. ;)
    And if you still feel the urge to log in here afterwards, just do it to tell us about the adventures you encountered on the road.

I’ve been driving/enjoying hundreds of (analog) vintage cars for several hundred thousands miles in past 40+ years and have no plans to stop until they take my license away.
    I'm also capable & old enough to find roads/routes myself to make my own adventures, so no need for organized events or rallies to do it.
    If I didn’t have to work on other peoples vintage cars for living, I’d be out there driving & traveling (in my vintage cars) pretty much every day.

7. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Do me a favor, please. Don't put words into my mouth. I'm perfectly capable of being an idiot all by myself. I don't need your help.

Jack-the-lad and TTR like this.
  8. colombo2cam

colombo2cam Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted

TTR likes this.
  9. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    One nice thing about rallies is the chase vehicle. You don't want to see me with a wrench or screwdriver in my hand.

colombo2cam and Jack-the-lad like this.