Rally pics from Salem, Mo | FerrariChat

Rally pics from Salem, Mo

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by WJHMH, Feb 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    What a trip. I've been gone almost a week crewing for a friend of mine from Houston. He raced the SCCA Clubrally & Prorally 100 Acre Woods event in Salem, Mo. There's nothing like working on a car outside (sometimes in the dark) in 30 degree temp. LOL! He finished 11th over all & placed thrid in his class. I'm going to try to work with him the rest of the season but we need more $$$ to cover expenses. (Speedy308, I understand your pain)

Anyway here are some pics, we got to speak at a local grade school & let the kids learn about Rally racing. what a blast.

Enjoy

2. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Where are the pics?

3. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Here ya go.

4. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    BTW, the 911 broke a motor mount after the first stage then locked his tranny up. The Honda Civic driver was in contention for the championship until he totoled his car. He walked away without a scratch.

5. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
  6. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I didn't have much time to take pics, working on the car & driving the support vehicle kept me busy.

7. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
  8. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    I used to rally in my Evo VIII....fun car.

9. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2003
    DC Metro/MD
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Looks like it was a lot of fun William & great pics. I would love to crew for a rally team like that especially for a big time WRC team. Rally is my absolute favorite form of racing and it's a shame it doesn't have nearly the same level of popularity here in the US as it does in Europe and the rest of the world. There's nothing like hearing a full blown Grp. A race car screaming through the forest late at night in pitch black conditions with the anti-lag popping and belching flames. The race I typically go to every year is the Susquehannock Trail Pro Rally in Wellsboro, PA (upstate and very near the NY border) although I couldn't attend last year due to school. Some pics I took the year before: http://www.geocities.com/eunosfd/STPR01.html

10. sjb509

sjb509 Guest

What a small world. I lived in Salem until I was eight. FWIW, that part of MO has some great roads for a sports car. I take my sportbikes through there at least once a year while crossing the state to my in-laws. Plently of curvy, undulating roads, with low HPatrol/mile ratio.

11. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Good job, Will!!

Why do you think I race such SMALL cars????? LOL