RANDOM MISFIRE WHEN COLD | FerrariChat

RANDOM MISFIRE WHEN COLD

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by ROBERT w LARIMORE, Nov 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ROBERT w LARIMORE

Dec 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    ROBERT w LARIMORE
    COLD START MISFIRES AND TURNS ON CEL. SMOOTH AFTER WARMED UP. CAN KEEP OK IF I HOLD AT 2500 OR SO FOR A MINUTE WHEN STARTING., COILS MAYBE?

2. Brian Davisson

Sep 26, 2020
    Spokane Wa
    I Replace all plugs and coil packs and my smooth out 90 % better. Recommend this step first!!! Mine acted the same way.

3. ROBERT w LARIMORE

Dec 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    ROBERT w LARIMORE
    Thats my plan if im ever figure out how to get to the coils and plugs. did you have to take rear wheels off and remove inner fenderwells?

4. Brian Davisson

Sep 26, 2020
    Spokane Wa
    Yes I ended up pulling both inner liner’s because I drop an extension on each side that was the only way I could recover it. Took about eight hours to do both sides in my spider but was worth It!!

5. ROBERT w LARIMORE

Dec 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    ROBERT w LARIMORE
    WITH INNER LINERS OUT YOU COULD GET TO COILS AND PLUGS OK? SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO GET TO THEM FORM TOP BUT I AM HAVING TROUBLE SEEING HOW
    BOB

6. Brian Davisson

Sep 26, 2020
    Spokane Wa

7. Brian Davisson

Sep 26, 2020
    Spokane Wa
    The plugs and coils must be done from top hopefully yours is a coupe and not a spider like mine, because the spider has half the room— and you can pull your side panels out which will help you a lot from engine bay—if coupe.

8. ROBERT w LARIMORE

Dec 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    ROBERT w LARIMORE
    Nope; Mine is spider too; now I know the problem! Did you use the Delphi coils? Sure seems like coils are the problem thanks
    Bob

9. Brian Davisson

Sep 26, 2020
    Spokane Wa
    Yes Delphi COILS an NGK PLUGS.

10. ROBERT w LARIMORE

Dec 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    ROBERT w LARIMORE
    THANKS BRIAN; WILL GIVE IT A TRY

11. ROBERT w LARIMORE

Dec 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    ROBERT w LARIMORE
    DID THE COILS AND PLUGS FIX YOUR HIGH RPM FLUTTER?