Sold - Rare 360 Modena F1 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Sold Rare 360 Modena F1

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by future328driver, Mar 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
  2. EnzoItaly

EnzoItaly Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2016
    Congrats... looking forward to see the 458

3. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Saw the car back up for sale recently with 6k more miles, am considering it, if anyone has any recent info on this car let me know

4. future328driver

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    PM me. I was recently in contact with the prior owner who traded it in on another car. I can give you the history up through my ownership and what I know about the car after I sold it.

5. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    interesting change to the Daytona seats....

6. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Good catch. I didn’t notice that.

7. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Looks like it didn’t sell @76,100

8. future328driver

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    I'd like to know where they got the window sticker. I was never able to find it when I owned the car and could not get it from Ferrari. I created the documentation binder over the course of my 6 year ownership as I tried to re-create the history of the car from new, but did not have a window sticker in my documentation. This one does not appear to be an authentic window sticker from the factory, but a re-creation of some sort - note the misprint of "360 F Modena". I believe a proper sticker would read "360 Modena F1"

Also, when I sold the car, it had a high-end custom dual sub box behind the driver seats, which was a "must" to match up with the German Maestro amp. I put a new Alpine head unit in the car, and now it looks to have a Kenwood. The add also neglects to note that the car has a very desirable Tubi exhaust (aftermarket) and was upgraded with a factory original 360CS TCU, which was a must-have upgrade on the early year 360 F1s. Totally changes the character of the car and made it a lot more fun on the track.

The Daytona seats are aftermarket and were done by the person I sold the car to. He also added the Challenge rims, which look great - wish I had done that.

Another key aspect of the "story" of this car was its original owner - MLB multi-Gold Glove winner Omar Vizquel (11 times, played more games at SS than any other MLB player ever). Too bad the ad did not mention that, our the fact that I found a Omar MLB baseball card from 2000 (the production year of this particular car) and included it in the documentation binder. Maybe the new owner will uncover that little "nugget" :)

In any event, if someone got this car for $76k, they got a really nice example for a good price. Even with this mileage. This car has a lot of life to give its new owner. It is a very well-maintained example, and one person who works for Ferrari and whose opinion I trust without exception told me that this was probably one of the nicest 360s that person had ever seen.

I love my 458 spider, but I must admit that I miss this 360.

9. Alan L

Alan L Rookie

Feb 6, 2020
    Full Name:
    NeedAStickShift360
    Sounds like it's still for sale. I'd be curious to know what's happening with the transmission. Service records from 2021 and 2022 highlight some potential issues there. Given the history of the gearbox I'd be prepared to get a close inspection on this car. Otherwise, this is a very nice spec. I considered the car back in 2020 but hesitated due to the gearbox work. This could be an ideal candidate for a 6 speed swap!

10. future328driver

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Would not have been any need to hesitate when I had the car for sale back in 2020. The gear box issue was caused by a failure of the gearbox heat exchanger, which is a known issue on the 360 but was a surprise on my car because it had been so well maintained and no history of coolant in the gearbox oil or vice versa. The gearbox was rebuilt by Boardwalk Ferrari and a new heat exchanger was installed. Car was fantastic again after that repair, and up until I sold it in Sept 2020 was probably one of the best maintained and cared for 360s in the country. The car passed a PPI a Boardwalk Ferrari with flying colors when the new owner purchased it. The CS TCU I installed early in my ownership also made a big difference in drivability and this car got very good clutch life considering that I tracked it a fair amount. Literally no expense was spared making sure this car was mechanically as good as it could be. I don't know about gearbox issues in 2021 or 2022 since that was after I sold the car, but I was in frequent contact with the person who bought the car from me and the only complaint he mentioned about the gearbox was that the car was not a true manual. That being said, this would be a great car for a 6 speed swap if someone wanted to spend the money - that would make it even more of a unicorn.