For Sale - Rare Euro Spec 1989 Mondial T Coupe Motronic 2.7 | FerrariChat

For Sale Rare Euro Spec 1989 Mondial T Coupe Motronic 2.7

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by ferrarifan248, Dec 19, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrarifan248

ferrarifan248 Rookie

Apr 29, 2022
    Hey guys,

Open to offers on my 1989 mondial t coupe. This is a rare euro spec mondial t with the motronic 2.7 located in California. Car was federalized and converted to US spec (mph) by JK Technologies in Maryland. The metric sized wheels were converted to US spec Ferrari 348 wheels which are low profile and look great. I originally purchased this car from the BHCC and then spent $12k performing an engine-out major service (timing belt, cam shaft seals/gaskets, water pump, alternator belt, a/c belt, fluids, etc) on the car in March 2022. Most recently, I just spent an additional $5k on the car upgrading the stock exhaust to a Tubi Rumore Sport Exhaust (it sounds amazing!). I have all the service records available if needed.

The car does have a rebuilt title - the accident only damaged the passenger door and it was replaced with a brand new one. The engine and all else works great. Car is really in amazing condition.

Let me know if you are interested!

If you want more pictures and details the original listing is located here:
    https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1989-ferrari-mondial-t-coupe-c-13467.htm
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

k wright likes this.
  2. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    Is this your personal car or a car at a dealership? Also, there's no price that I could see and that's required.

ForzaV12 likes this.
  3. ferrarifan248

ferrarifan248 Rookie

Apr 29, 2022
    It's my personal car currently stored in my garage. Looking for around $70,000.

modenasong likes this.
  4. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    The "original listing" part is confusing. Is that when you bought it? For sale now? Also, please be specific about the price. Thanks!

5. ferrarifan248

ferrarifan248 Rookie

Apr 29, 2022
    Correct. I purchased in January 2022 of this year from BHCC, and that's the link for the original listing (from January) for the car. It is for sale now after vast improvements (exhaust upgrade, major service). Asking $70,000.

6. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    Ok, that makes sense. Thank you for the clarification!

Jakuzzi and Jack-the-lad like this.
  7. AHudson

AHudson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Adams Hudson
    To me, this is the Mondial series to own. The 'T' layout, trimmer lines and though I normally don't care for different wheels, the later Fcar wheels look just right.

I'd venture that your ownership history with it would be a bigger advantage than referencing that of the previous seller. Best wishes to you on a wonderful somewhat undiscovered Ferrari.

ferrarifan248 likes this.
  8. 76Steel

76Steel Formula 3

Sep 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The BHCC pics threw me off thinking it’s the dealer here. (Too much time on the internet looking at cars, lol). Great looking car, good luck!

9. muk_yan_jong

muk_yan_jong Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2008
    Full Name:
    Brian McK
    Rear wheels are on the wrong sides... Flat side leads.

10. OrmondStar

OrmondStar Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2019
    Lake Mary, FL
    Full Name:
    Richard
    $70k for a rebuilt title Mondial! What am I missing? Please enlighten me, anyone?

11. Carbuilder

Carbuilder Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2012
    Bolton, ON
    Full Name:
    Rick
    A rebuilt title for only door damage? That seems very strange.

albert328gts likes this.
  12. swc5150

swc5150 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 5, 2021
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Scott Calderwood
    The service invoice shows much more than just a repaired door. Left front fender and entire rear bumper were repaired as well. Seems like a very lofty ask, but good luck just the same.

13. ferrarifan248

ferrarifan248 Rookie

Apr 29, 2022
    The rear wheels that it came with were about 8 years old and they've been replaced with two brand new 348 sized Toyo EXTENSA HPII.

It's an exceedingly rare euro spec mondial, possibly one of only a few 2.7 mondial T coupes to make it here to america. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the original 43 mondial t coupes imported were all Motronic 2.5. The one here is in near perfect condition and drives like a dream. When the major service was performed the engine was dropped and inspected and all issues were addressed. There's been plenty of interest so far and I'm in no rush to sell! ;)

The service records for the car are all public. The accident occurred in 2006 and it wasn't under my ownership back then - we are all drawing our own conclusions from the same records. The important thing to note is that everything repaired was cosmetic damage - the functionality/engine of the car was not affected at all.

14. swc5150

swc5150 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 5, 2021
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Scott Calderwood
    By wheels on the wrong side, he literally meant you need swap the rear driver/passenger sides. The flat spot on the spoke should be faced forward like the front wheels are. Easy fix:)

thecarreaper and anunakki like this.
  15. ferrarifan248

ferrarifan248 Rookie

Apr 29, 2022
    Oh, I see what you mean. Good eyes - I didn't notice it myself!

16. ferrarifan248

ferrarifan248 Rookie

Apr 29, 2022
    Filmed a short drive in my mondial T today - the tubi trumpets really come alive at WOT!!

PeterS likes this.
  17. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    The Mondial T coupe is the best kept secret in the Ferrari world. I love mine more than my “like new” 348tb. And hopefully I’ll never have to let it go.
    So what kind of exhaust is that? I have the Tubi loud version with hyper flow cats and it sounds amazing but not quite as good as your at high RPMs.

peterp likes this.
  18. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    I have the answer but some might consider it P&R and not fitting for the "for sale" section....... but if you know, you know! :) ;)

ferrarifan248 likes this.
  19. OrmondStar

OrmondStar Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2019
    Lake Mary, FL
    Full Name:
    Richard

Oh now I’m intrigued. Please PM.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  20. ferrarifan248

ferrarifan248 Rookie

Apr 29, 2022
    Tubi loud exhaust + gutted cats. You start hearing the trumpet sound above the 5k rpm range and that's your cue to floor it to 7k+ :)

I'm also currently experimenting with 348 exhaust systems to see if I can improve the sound, the two cars are remarkably similar, I would not be surprised if existing 348 parts could be adapted to the T...

21. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    #21 JLF, Dec 25, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2022
    Well it’s the same muffler and exhaust system for the two cars.
    I put the quiet Tubi on my 348 with stock cats and it’s no where near as good as the Mondial. So I just ordered some high flow cats for the 348, hopefully it will be much better.

22. ferrarifan248

ferrarifan248 Rookie

Apr 29, 2022
    Actually, the entire exhaust system is nearly identical with the exception of the muffler - the 348 muffler is much smaller and shaped differently. The cats and exhaust manifolds are identical. Which means in theory we should be able to use 348 exhaust manifolds/headers in our mondial T's - I'm surprised no one has tried this yet. I have a theory that installing custom 348 sport headers + the tubi loud exhaust would make it sound amazing...

23. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Will do my friend.

24. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    #24 Scaledetails, Dec 26, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
    I almost pulled the trigger at $35K on this car last February, my hesitation was the non-functioning speedometer unit, hence true miles unknown. I just don't see the value at $70K today given the issues, title, etc, but I could be wrong. This is not one of the 43 and it is also not a 1989, it was re-titled as such earlier in its life. Also, a mint one of 43 examples sold on BAT recently for less. Best of luck to the seller here.

thecarreaper, Jakuzzi and OrmondStar like this.
  25. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    I have the answer but some might consider it P&R and not fitting for the "for sale" section....... but if you know, you know! :) ;) BTW - @OrmondStar , I will PM you today :)

OrmondStar likes this.