Rare item worth | FerrariChat

Rare item worth

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Jane, Mar 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jane

Jane Rookie

Mar 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jane ferrari
    wondering if anyone can help me. I am considering selling 3 rare items but haven’t fully made up my mind can anyone give me a rough estimate what they think they will be worth.

I have a signed copy of the big red Ferrari book, a hand written letter sent to my grandad from Enzo and an original memorial booklet from his son Dinos funeral - Alfrado Ferrari

2. Jane

Jane Rookie

Mar 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jane ferrari
    I also have pictures if this helps

3. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    I’d imagine values of such things can be as unpredictable as any other “collectables”. Authenticity, overall condition, presentation (i.e. marketing venue), etc. can significantly effect it.

I’d also think one of the easiest & safest way to sell such things by a novice(?) would be through eBay listing(s) with clear & comprehensive description & photos, accompanied by link from website forum or two (like this one) catering to potentially dedicated & interested audience. May not net the absolute top value, but probably reasonably good.

4. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    A signed copy of Piloti Che Gente by Enzo with a dedication is about $2-5K depending on who the dedication was made to... and that if there is authenticating documents - shipping letter, contents, etc...

Hand written letter by Enzo - again about $1500 - $3K depending on who & topic

funeral note for Dino, is pretty rare... so I think this needs to be reviewed by someone like Doug Nye or Ferrari historian, but my guess would be $5-10K. - again this is with all authenticity validated etc...

I have a sigend copy no dedication of Le Me geoi and I spend about $1100. but have picture of person getting it signed in 1984.

4re308 likes this.
  5. Jane

Jane Rookie

Mar 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jane ferrari
    Brilliant thank you for your help with this. Is Doug easy enough to get in contact with?

Also any suggestions of good places to take them to authenticate all of these?

6. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    I would prefer to have Nathan Beehl authenticate items like these. He posts here on Fchat under the user name: piloti. You can often find his posts in the "Official book collectors thread"

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  7. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I'll see if I have Doug's contact info. Not sure other than someplace like Sothebys or other fine autograph, book sellers that can provide those authentication services.

8. Jane

Jane Rookie

Mar 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jane ferrari
    Thank you for your help

9. Jane

Jane Rookie

Mar 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Jane ferrari
    Thankyou that will be great

10. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Agreed. Nathan is the man for authenticating Ferrari ephemera and memorabilia.