Rare Lapis dial Rolex submariner | FerrariChat

Rare Lapis dial Rolex submariner

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by MidnightRun, Apr 9, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MidnightRun

MidnightRun Karting

Nov 4, 2006
    I own the Lapis dial Rolex submariner shown in the attached photo. After many years of ownership, I wish to sell my watch. I've reached out to 2 auction houses, but their fees/charges are far in excess of what I regard as reasonable. I know I can list the watch for sale on Chrono24, but am hesitant to do so because of problems others have occasionally experienced.

Any thoughts/ideas from the watch cognoscenti on other ways to connect with prospective purchasers/collectors?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Andynyc likes this.
  2. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    flat_plane_eddie and Cigarzman like this.
  3. QtrItalian

QtrItalian Karting

Jan 22, 2021
    #3 QtrItalian, Apr 13, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    Skinner in Boston is about to have their clock and watch auction (but may be too late to consign). I am a buyer there and know the buyer's premium and shipping terms but not the seller's side. They seem to get good prices but not outstanding unless rare (e.g. COMEX Rolex). They don't always know what they're selling (I've corrected their in-house clock expert a few times on the phone....) A different venue to consider is Jones and Horan (https://www.jones-horan.com). They have a watch auction seemingly every two weeks. I have not bought through them. I would say that their knowledge and understanding and description of their merchandise is impeccable. They seem to cater to the retail/resell trade but also collectors. Not every one of their auctions has really high dollar items but a few times a year they do have such inventory (e.g. like serial #3 of something). Other auction venues which I have seen advertised but have no experience with is Schmitt Horan & Co in NH. Also I would look at Dr. Crott Auctioneers in Manheim, Germany (http://www.uhren-muser.com) - really high end and rare stuff punctuates their catalogues and they're international in flavor probably with a really maximal exposure. They have a few steel Submariners for sale soon as well as some vintage Rolexes. At any rate look at these websites and their sales history and see if any may fit....Best wishes - a beautiful watch!

4. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    Reach out to flat_plane_eddie, .... Fair honest easy transaction