Rather good Countach replica clip | FerrariChat

Rather good Countach replica clip

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Raleli, Sep 8, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Raleli

Raleli Karting

Nov 18, 2003
    Rather good Countach replica (the clip is in Swedish though)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGsgoOenehk&list=UUukhoqIIgjISbB7tbZRBvwg&index=7&feature=plcp[/ame]

2. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    looks like they just built a prova kit (they took molds from a real Countach) ....i'm probably more appreciative then most purists, but IMO it's still plain wrong to put lambo badges on something that isn't a real lambo, period!

3. Bradjohnston

Bradjohnston Karting
    BANNED

Jul 6, 2011
    No thanks..

4. VF1Skullangel

VF1Skullangel Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2008
    San Marcos, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Id drive it. We as a human race are fine with fake boobs, generic brand cereal, and made in china stealth fighters. Why are reps a cardinal sin? Id understand if it was a shortwheel based Countach with a stock 2.8 but the last time I checked those old prova kits could out perform a Diablo! My only issue is its got a V8 in it, id swap it out for a Viper V-10 and call it a day.

5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I'll translate for you guys:

The guy with the beard is saying he likes the car of the grey haired dude.

:)

6. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    i don't mind replias at all, so long as they are well made, but just leave off the lamborghini badges, to me that's the only fault

7. JeremyJon

JeremyJon F1 Veteran

Jul 28, 2010
    Calgary, Canada
    ...i thought you were going to say he was asking the other guy out on a date! :eek: :D

8. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    What about theft? A company makes a huge investment in a product like this (in Lambos case, maybe all the money they have), and others steal ideas, knowledge, imagination, and try to profit from it (while more often than not, insulting the product at the same time). What if you had your successful idea copied or stolen from you? You guys don't have a problem with this?

9. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    well done kit, although the wiper is a shame.
    I would leave it off if it can't be correct.

10. DiabloTerr

DiabloTerr Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2010
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Terrance Findley
    Prova Kit is not outperforming a real Diablo, the standard 300-350 horsepower Prova against any model Diablo results in massive replica humiliation.

Replica Lambos are a waste of time unless you put serious money into the project, enough money to where you are better off just buying the real deal. I know all about the replica industry from; North American Exotic Cars, Prova, Exotic llusions, Parallel Designs, DC Supercars, D and R, etc. I went through every legit Kit Kar Forum and my research showed that even if you get the body to look halfway decent, getting it to perform without crazy crap happening like doors flying up at over 100mph is another matter...

11. Jota 5084

Jota 5084 Formula 3

May 18, 2006
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Eric Andersson
    He did spend $45K in parts and 2000 hours of work to make this replica.

12. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    #12 Peter K., Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
    You stole the idea from Lamborghini, its designers and affiliates, engineers, laborer. You should be asshamed of yourself, you f-ing thief.

I'll take the big house over that fake car.

13. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    I'm not a fan of replica cars. However, that one is about 99% dead on.

Real nice but not for me. I'm enjoying working on my real deal and learning as I go along.

For what some of these guys spend on a replica they can own a real one.

14. islandguy

islandguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Northern CA & NV
    I wonder how many authentic parts were consumed to make this thing, or moe specifically taken from those who really needed them?

15. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    #15 leead1, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
    That is what I was thinking. I invented things for a living both machines and products. Nothing as complex as a car but still sold World wide. That was always a major concern for me and the company.

Theft of ideas by certain parts of the world was so rampant that the patents I wrote would not allow the reader to copy the idea. Other items were so simple that almost anyone could do it like a copyright or company logo.

Early in my career this "false direction patent stratergy" caused a foreign company to call the president of the company and offer him and I, $2.0 million USA dollars for earch of us to show them how to do it. We did not take the money and that was alot of money for a 25 year old engineer.

I own alot of cars and I was under the opinion that Lamboginni was very Judicious defending thier products, so the car profiles and essence could not be copied without the real threat of lawsuit. Maybe they do not care if the car is out of manufacture or they only fight it in certain countires? Some countries do not have the technical base to copy a technology or a small consumer base.

Also later in my working life the Government changed dramatically the American intelectual property laws. This allowed much stronger patent protection and the ability to enforce patent infringement in a more powerful and structured way.

Lee

16. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    That's what I don't get. I understand the Countach isn't $45k, but I'd rather have something else for that money. I could get new car that probably performs better than the replica.

I will admit it does look pretty good for a replica and if I saw it, hell if most people saw it, they'd think it was 'real'.

17. VF1Skullangel

VF1Skullangel Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2008
    San Marcos, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Ok maybe not a Diablo GT, SV, 6.0 and the super high performance editions but the earlier models those tube chassis based Prova's were built to out perform a real countach. You figure a real Lamborghini Countach and Diablo puts down 300-400RWHP on the dyno depending and I've seen plenty of 383's and LS1 do the same. Even if its fiero based a 3800 S/C or 3.4 Turbo could match the performance of an original quite easily. I'm sure the price would also match the original as well. ;)

The major advantage a replica will have over an original is weight, they typically weigh 1000lbs less. I've never heard of body structure issues in fact most people I know are not only using hinches from the orginal car but they aren't having as many issues with the doors on their replicas like real cars seem to have. The only all show and no go kit I've heard of was the Rons Roadster special were you couldn't take it beoynd 70mph like its going to fall apart.