Rattle coming from passenger side | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Rattle coming from passenger side

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by manderson952, Jan 9, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mkersten

mkersten Rookie

Feb 12, 2012
    Silicon Valley, Cal.
    Full Name:
    Montgomery Kersten
    Yes, I had exactly that problem. The rattle comes from under the right side just in front of the passenger. Silicon Valley Ferrari fixed it as part of routine service -- you can call Henry the service manager at 650 261 6016 and he should remember how they made the repair to my car. He's a delightful fellow.

Also, sometimes the convertible top cables aren't tight enough and they can rattle when the top is up (harder to fix).

As for the noisy brakes, you may have glazed pads or even rusty rotor surfaces -- I suggest you take it out on a nice stretch of open road or parking lot and sharply brake to a stop a few times. That may cure your squeaks.

Happy motoring

2. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Bedding the brakes in this fashion is certainly worth a try but it's doubtful that these carbon ceramic brakes will have any "rust" on them. Not sure about the differences with iron rotors but to eliminate squeaks on iron rotors you need to brake repeatedly from 60 or so to get the pads hot enough to transfer a thin layer of pad material to the rotors. After doing this be sure to let the brakes cool a bit before resting at a stop with the brakes applied or else you will create hot spots. This often cures squeaking but not always. The sound usually comes from high frequency vibration from the backs of the pads where they touch the calipers or pistons.