Ratty SCI drophead, any other dirt on this car? | FerrariChat

Ratty SCI drophead, any other dirt on this car?

Discussion in 'British' started by bitzman, Oct 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I don't think I've ever seen a SC drophead with such a shabby top--can't possibly be a top furnished by Rolls. This car also is advertised as SCI dhc but you can seen by the bottom of the bonnet line it doesn't line up with the grille so it's a regrilled Bentley. Also i notice the El Cheapo front turn signals on the bumpers so the real turn signals no longer work. Wanna bet if it has an American V8 under the hood? (not mentioned in the ad...) They want $75,000 which i think is $50,000 too high, Whaddya think?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Looks like a very unloved rust bucket. Which probably means that there is a lot more hiding under the skin that will be seriously expensive to fix. As you say, originally a Bentley and so 99% certainly originally a saloon and NOT a Mulliner adaptation. Do you have the chassis number? What does it look like inside?

Personally, I wouldn't touch it with the proverbial barge pole. If you want a drophead Cloud, and don't want to fork out for the Mulliner version, then you would be better advised to buy one that has already been converted and is in good condition, or to buy a saloon and get it converted.

3. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    No chassis number or interior shot in the ad. I will run the story elsewhere on how I tried to buy a real SCI dhc from a TV star in 1970 for $14,000 but lost out to Charlie Crail. I'll post notice of the story here because it provides some yuks.