re-hire Kimi | Page 2 | FerrariChat

re-hire Kimi

Discussion in 'F1' started by Bas, Mar 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    Yeah, they need only to slap a moustache on Alonso's face and we're quite ready to go. :D

2. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Funny.. one second Fred is the devil, next he is the saviour

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

3. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    young Schumacher...

4. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    This.

Robb

yamashek likes this.
  5. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Hamilton makes Vettel look like a mentally fragile snowflake. His wheel to wheel racecraft is not worthy of Ferrari's #1 seat.

Bring back Alonso, he has the mental fortitude to take it to Hamilton better than Vettel. Pairing Leclerc with a more experienced driver than someone like Norris will be better for Ferrari's short-term gain and allow more development for Charles who may need a 1-2 years with Ferrari to consistently challenge for podiums.

nsxrebel likes this.
  6. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I have to say, Seb is not covering himself in glory, he’s let Charles get under his skin already instead of embracing the guy and helping him, which has automatically made Charles think along the lines of racing him hard, rather than seeing him as a mentor. He panics when Elton is around these days, while no one else, including Charles, does. I have to agree that maybe he needs to go now, or at least take a sabbatical, and there is no one I’d rather see in the second seat than Alonso, especially the new Alonso 2.0 that we’ve had the last few years.

nsxrebel, of2worlds, kandi and 3 others like this.
  7. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    Ditto for me. That spin yesterday was beyond stupid.

ingegnere and Bas like this.
  8. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
    And I'm glad the team let Charles pass Vettel. Showed his maturity unlike Vercrashen did in his first 2 or 3 years.

daytona355 likes this.
  9. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Actually, from the Streamable clip posted by Joe in the race thread, the team told him to not pass for 2 (!!) laps but Leclerc drove right past at his first chance.

The team are in denial about Vettel and they better wake up or it will cost them another chance at a championship. The mechanics though look to have figured out who the can rest their hopes on, based on their reactions after pole and the race.

Lando looks the real deal (wonder how he would have done in a Ferrari yesterday) but obviously tied up. They missed signing RIC. GIO looks like a bust, sadly. ALO, yeah he'll drive anything these days but also tied up and as soon as he gets a whiff of a win will not support Leclerc.

At this point, I'd even gamble on Wehrlein, who they have signed up for sim work, unless Vettel does something special in China.

of2worlds, E60 M5 and Bas like this.
  10. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Couldn't agree more.

Bas likes this.
  11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Vettel's contract is up this year isn't it? Ricciardo is tied up for 2 years. A shame. Alonso won't play ball with Leclerc.

Wehrlein is ****.

Kimi....would a swap be completely out of order until end 2020 and then get Ricciardo in? He plays ball and sure as hell doesn't make the stupid mistakes Seb has done over the last couple of years. Everyone is allowed a mistake or two but this is getting ridiculous. I've been a fan of Vettel for a long time but it's getting very hard to defend him.

Verstappen would be great, but I don't know how his contract is structured and how slow the Red Bull has to be for him to drop out of the contract. For sure the car isn't up to it at the moment and Verstappen just about drags the thing to where it is right now. When he struggles keeping up with Bottas you know how bad the car is...

daytona355 and of2worlds like this.
  12. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I posted this on March 19: Is it just me or does Vettel already look like he is broken? He couldn't catch MB or RB and had to have the team keep LEC from passing him in the final stages of the race. It doesn't look like it is going to be a very happy year for Ferrari unless LEC begins to out-qualify Vettel.

Nothing has changed.

jgonzalesm6 and Bas like this.
  13. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    SEb is much better than what he's showing, but i guess his head is not in the right place , i agree that Ricci/Charles would be a great solution.

daytona355 and Bas like this.
  14. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    He is. Vettel has it in him but for whatever reason he quite simply is not delivering. He's making the same stupid mistakes he made early in his career. He is far better than he's showing the last 2 years. Everyone makes mistakes and that's fine, but there's a limit on how many you can really make in a short amount of time.

Whatever the reason is, he is not in the right headspace. 2011-2013 he was unbeatable. He was supremely confident and got the most out of that car that was possible.

daytona355 likes this.
  15. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    He wants it too badly and now that there is Charles does not making it more easy to him...I think he sees his hopes dashed..

daytona355 and Bas like this.
  16. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Holy ****, we're two races in. Vettel will be fine, he made a pretty good pass on Hamilton a few laps before Hamilton got him back so it's not like he can't race. I wouldn't start calling for his head unless it turns into a pattern. The worst he did last year was Germany and this was not that level of mistake.

And Leclerc had one good race and all of a sudden he's the savior? He was out qualified last race and the only reason he caught Vettel in the race is that Ferrari screwed the strategy and pitted Vettel way too early, at that point he was way ahead and Leclerc was nowhere. This race they screwed Leclerc's car so as far as it goes they're equal. They have had two good results screwed by Ferrari themselves. Without the stupid way too early pit in Australia, Vettel gets 3rd and without the misfire here we get a win. I thought Binotto was supposed to fix these unforced errors, but here we are again with two Ferrari team errors in two races.

The drivers aren't the issue here. That should be obvious.

Makuono and Jean-Pierre Marchand like this.
  17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Vettel is over the hill. Ever since his 4th title he has been going backwards, made lots of mistakes and cost Ferrari the title last year and if they keep him as #1 he'll loose it for them again this year. Give Leclerc #1 status now. Now more Melbourne team orders.

subirg likes this.
  18. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Just one mistake this year guys. dont bury him so fast. He was man enough to admit his mistake. let#s see.

stavura likes this.
  19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Of course the number of mistakes this year is low. The season just started. Duh!

You need to look at the string of mistakes which goes back to last season and the previous one. He is consistently throwing secured points into the trash bin.

of2worlds, jgonzalesm6 and Bas like this.
  20. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Schumacher allowed himself one mistake a year.

Vettel just used up his. If it was Vettel's first spin in a long time I couldn't have cared less. Frustrated? Of course, but forgivable. But he's had a series of spins in very recent history, it's not acceptable.

daytona355, jgonzalesm6 and Sig. Roma like this.
  21. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    i still think his ****

22. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Prost alowed himself one every other year :)

Jeronimo GTO and Bas like this.
  23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Given that statistics I'm the best of all of them: I make no mistakes in an F1. Then again it has been years since I drove one.... :p

24. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    That's because he IS a mentally fragile snowflake.... with a moustache to try to hide it.

tifosi12 and Surfah like this.