re-hire Kimi | Page 5 | FerrariChat

re-hire Kimi

Discussion in 'F1' started by Bas, Mar 31, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Absolutely..... noise levels go to maximum whenever Elton does well; on his off days, it’s like a peaceful, tranquil lake around here, barely a ripple.

I’m impressed by the restraint exercised with LeClerc by tifosi. At the weekend he slaughtered all of them, Seb, Elton, bottles, and drove a very good race. He showed maturity in spades, and the ability to go wheel to wheel without spinning, crashing or crying for his mummy. Yep, some of us are definately behind him, no doubt about that from the posts, but none of us are calling him the second coming of Fangio, or anything like that at all.

I look forward to the day Elton ****s off, because so will his fair weather fans, and Charles to my mind might just be able to accelerate that day coming

Finlander, fil and Bas like this.
  2. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    In my opinion Vettel is still as good or better than Hamilton. Hamilton is very good there is no taking that away, to win you have to be there and he's there all the time. I do think however that Hamilton's superiority is due to Mercedes more than just raw driving talent. When he was at McLaren and the car was good he was in with a chance ...but when the car degraded - he was no where. Vettel on the other hand did well with Torro Rosso and made the most from the Red Bull... I do think the difference was that at Red Bull they entire team was behind Vettel.. where as at Ferrari its not a given. I think Vettel is not as strong in getting the team around him... perhaps as LDM said - too polite. I just sense that Vettel is losing interest, and his comments about F-1 being a show vs. a sport ... he's pretty private, and just does not do well in the spotlight... Hamilton like the spotlight, and thrives with all the attention... I think Vettel not so much.

regardless I HOPE that Leclerc is the next Ferrari champion, but its still way too early to tell. There have been many drivers that go to Ferrari with Promise... and win early and then just fall flat..... Alboreato, Bergher, Alesi, Irvine, Johannsen, to name a few.

stavura, fil, Jeronimo GTO and 2 others like this.
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I tend to agree with this, going back to my earlier comment that something just isn't right in Vettel's head at the moment. I think in his head he can't take losing a position. The same happened to him early on in his career, where he made dumb mistakes when passed or a penalty decision went against him. He can be very, very good...but for whatever reason he feels he has to overperform. It's a long season. He's lucky he got fifth in Bahrain but after Leclerc's issue it really should've been 2nd if not fighting for the lead still if he kept his head longer than taking Lewis the very first corner rather than the first opportunity...

Verstappen had the same issue....he saw a gap he had to go for it, even if it wasn't exactly the wisest place to try and overtake. He got on top of that and he really matured as a driver last year. Vettel had similar issues before, then got it under control, paid of massively and now he's back making the same stupid mistakes again.

Bizarre.

RobertJRB, Finlander and daytona355 like this.
  4. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Don’t worry, the only person arguing is the other chap, not sure why he is so aggressively arguing about such things, but hey ho. I couldn’t give a stuff aside from for the chuckles when Elton whines, but thanks for looking it up for him, he’ll be happy now

Bas likes this.
  5. MonsterCro

MonsterCro Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2014
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well he has gone quiet now. He can now replay and listen on lap 56 how much of a mental ninja HAM is. F1 need to have a vote for the pacifier award every race weekend. Be interesting to see who wins that the most

daytona355 likes this.
  6. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    Unhappily for you, Lewis in now irrevocably enshrined in the history of Grand Prix racing and will forever be mentioned (correctly) alongside the likes Ascari, Fangio, Clark, Senna, Schumacher and the other greats - until the planet ceases to spin. I will of course continue to watch the sport after he is gone - and no doubt some other driver or drivers will catch my eye, as always has been the case. :cool:

lagunacc, Surfah and william like this.
  7. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Yeah, LeClerc will get six titles, one in his rookie year, and they’ll forget Elton the very day he retires.......... #dreamscometrue. Forza Ferrari

8. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    As John Surtees said, "the better driver in the best car"

+1

lagunacc and Surfah like this.
  9. Jean-Pierre Marchand

Jean-Pierre Marchand Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 21, 2019
    Mont Royal, QC
    Full Name:
    Just call me J.P.
    "As John Surtees said, "the better driver in the best car".

Correct. Such rides are not the result of a random lottery. They are earned.

lagunacc, cairns, tifosi12 and 2 others like this.
  10. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    If Lewis will be mentioned as much as Ascari over here then I will be happy. But I fear there will be still a few who try to mention him all the time...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

daytona355 likes this.
  11. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    His cheerleaders won’t stay around once he’s gone, they won’t have anything to talk about, much like when he has a bad race.

12. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    +1

And the best team !

lagunacc, Surfah and bmwracer like this.
  13. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    #113 cairns, Apr 7, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    Poor Hamilton haters still betting on Vettel......I asked for proof, and I quote, that Hamilton was "begging" to take fastest lap.

Where is it? Put up or shut up.

Hamilton doesn't beg. But Vettel sure does...."he has to give me back the position......"xxxx" Charlie Whiting!"

Your boy's a loser.

lagunacc, Surfah and william like this.
  14. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And still this not considered trolling....

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

635CSI, 375+ and daytona355 like this.
  15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    unbelievable no? "I need that fastest lap man''. The exact words.

daytona355 likes this.
  16. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    hehehe, not sure how much more guidance he could have received.... monster nailed the lap for him yesterday, maybe he just didn’t scroll backwards enough?

Bas likes this.
  17. MonsterCro

MonsterCro Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2014
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes I replied to his post direct, Maybe he is blinded by the facts

Bas and daytona355 like this.
  18. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Cosign

Cosign

lagunacc likes this.
  19. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    All true.

There is a realistic chance that after this season Lewis will move into Vice GOAT position. Even if not, he is sitting comfortably on #3 in the all time best list.

lagunacc, Surfah and cairns like this.
  20. Jean-Pierre Marchand

Jean-Pierre Marchand Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 21, 2019
    Mont Royal, QC
    Full Name:
    Just call me J.P.
    Leave Kimi alone. He knows what he's doing.

375+ and daytona355 like this.
  21. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares

daytona355 likes this.
  22. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    Apparently those Hamilton fans won't be going away all that soon, will they?

23. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Stop baiting.

24. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    You call it baiting, I call it trolling.

P.Singhof and Bas like this.
  25. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I've been told by the mods it isn't.

But he well and truly is baiting.

stavura likes this.