Reading Ferrari show pictures | FerrariChat

Reading Ferrari show pictures

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by kvisser, May 21, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    #1 kvisser, May 21, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I just got back from the Reading Ferrari concours. What a great show put on by Pietro. There were some wonderful cars present. Let's see, here is a partial list, F40, F50, enzo, 0677 tdf, a 500 Mondial, a 250 pf convertible, a 288 gto, a couple 250 gte's, various 365s, a whole bunch of 308s, 328s, 348s, 355s, 360s, 430s, a 599, a 612 and more stuff that I can't remember at this point.

I'll post images as I go along. I took over 1000 photos yesterday.

cheers

ken
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Moca

Moca Formula 3

Feb 3, 2007
    Hungary, Szombathely
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Nice pictures, my favourite is the F40's pic, taken from an upper angle :eek: Great job ;)

3. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Ken,

Those are some great pics. Can't wait to see more! I have a favor to ask, when you go through all your pics, would you mind PM'ing me some high res shots that you took of my son in the Yellow F50?

When I got home and went through my shots, I realized that I left my Polarized filter on my camera. So all my shots look dark. I was so mad to have made a simple mistake like that.

At least I was able to post one pic of him in the car:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149622&page=3

Thanks!

Bill

4. YellowbirdRS

YellowbirdRS Formula 3

Nov 9, 2005
    DFW/RGV/MX
    Full Name:
    Xavier
    great photos
    thanks!

5. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    I think I snapped 2 or 3 shots, I'd be happy to send you the high res pictures for.............1 million dollars! oh, sorry, wrong movie.

No problem. I'm slowing going thru them and I'll get them to ya. Send me a pm with an email address.

cheers

ken

6. Evan.Fiorentino

Evan.Fiorentino F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    South East Florida
    Full Name:
    Evan

Your son is very lucky! I got a ride in the red F50 at Reading last year.

7. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    FerrariDude,

I bet that was some ride! I remember reading a thread recently something to the effect of the dumb things people say at car show/concours/etc to F-car owners. The one that I remember was "Can I sit in the car?"

Now I definitely don't go around asking people if I can sit in their cars or if I could get a ride. I simply want to enjoy the beauty of the car (which is why I'm into Photography). And I've made sure that my son understands that too. I always tell him not to touch the cars and to keep a distance.

But like I said when one of the owners asked if he wanted to sit in the car, that was really nice of her! And there was another person a young lady (7 years old) whose Dad built her an F-1 Replica Go-Kart. Although it was her Dad's idea, she allowed my son to put on her racing jacket and helmet to take a picture next to her Go-Kart.

I hope to own a Ferrari in the next year or two and I can only hope that I would be as gracious as these people were towards my son and me!

8. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

#9 dm_n_stuff, May 21, 2007
    Because Ken is too shy to self promote, I'll do some promoting for him.

If you want a GREAT daytimer, that features a TON of his fine photography, we have it on fchatstuff.com. Click HERE!! to get a closer look.

They can be ordered through me, and have a great deal of information about events all year long in the exotic car world, to go with his great photography.

Dave M.

9. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    #10 kvisser, May 21, 2007
    Thanks for the kind words Dave. Just for that, I'm going thru the Dino shots next! Congrats on the Platinum. You going to talk to Phil to get the scores?

As far as the daytimers go, they are pretty cool items you can check out at Fchatstuff.com. Keep in mind that the daytimer can be customized as well. Its all digital, anything is possible. I can put your car on a specific month, as long as you can supply a high res good pictures.

Now back to the show. Here are some additional shots of the Mondial 500

ken

10. BrianZuk

BrianZuk F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2007
    NorCal (Bay Area)
    Full Name:
    BrianZuk
    Great pics!Enzo, F50, F40! Great finds!

11. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Awesome pics everyone! If only I owned an Fcar I would have been there. Anyone want to contribute some $$$ to the dream?

12. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Amazing. Major league show + pics!

First black 275 GTB I've seen, although I admit the F40 is still the one that gets me all dizzy.

13. ferrariartist

ferrariartist F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    East of Toronto
    Full Name:
    Grant Thomas
    Amazing show. I have GOT to make it to this one sometime. One of 2 major shows within reach...
    Great shots! The wideangle shot of the F40 is terrific. (That is a major wide angle lens)
    Thanks for posting 'em.

GT

14. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

#16 dm_n_stuff, May 22, 2007
  15. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    #17 kvisser, May 22, 2007
    The highlight of the show was getting a chance to photograph 0677, the Ferrari works highly successful 1957 250 GT Tour de France 14 louvre car. This car won some of the most grueling races known to man, back in the day before we had any computers, GPS or any real technology. Brave men drove blindingly fast on darkened roads at insane speeds. Talk about cohones.

This quote was taken from a SCM blurb on the TDF's

In 1957, Oliver Gendebien repeated de Portago's win in S/N 0677, a works car with the best racing history of any TdF. Gendebien's car was one of the ten 14-louver cars with the smaller rear window, allowing for a sail panel to accommodate the louvers.

Clothed by Scaglietti in a similar fashion to Pinin Farina's 250 and 375 Mille Miglia, the first ten cars differed from subsequent TdFs, with a wrap-around rear window and no side louvers. The number of louvers distinguishes the five series of TdFs but it's as confusing as counting stripes on zebras.

Here is the spectacular racing heritage of this unique, historical race car. (Info garnered from Ferrari Chassis Numbers website) 0677GT Berlinetta SF Scuderia Ferrari team car. Sold to O. Gendebien on 28/8/57. Scaglietti 14-louvre Comp. Berlinetta. Engine 128MMC of 3,117 cc capacity used for Testa Rossa experimentation but with three, instead of six, carburettors. Tipo 508B/20. Engine tested 5/4/57. Extra wiper engine above screen. Maroon with yellow stripe. Registration numbers: MO 49. BO 81831, BO98155, MI 429195. 1957: 14/4: Giro de Sicilia: 1st OA. Race #315. Gendebien/Wascher. 12/5: 24th Mille Miglia: 3rd OA, 1st in GT, 1st in Nuvolari Cup. Race #417. Gendebien/Washer. 13-14/7: Rheims 12 Hours: 1st OA. Race #80. Gendebien/Frere. Sold to Gendebien. 16-22/9: Tour de France: 1st OA. Race #170. Gendebien/Bianchi. 6/10: Montlhery, Coupes du Salon: 1st in GT. Race #19. Gendebien. 1958: 7/4: Pau 3 Hours: 1st OA. Race #56. Gendebien/Bourillot. 6/7: Rheims 12 Hours. 1st OA. Race #164. Gendebien/Frere. 27/7: Auvergne 3 Hours. 4th OA, 3rd in GT. Race #76. Gendebien. 31/8: Ollon-Villars. 1st in GT. Gendebien. 1959: Sold back to the factory. Sold to G. Gerini. 18-25/9/59Tour de France: DNS. Race #169. Gerini, Meier. 28/6 Lottery GP, Monza. Race #55. Gerini. Sold. 1963: Sold to T. Fowler in USA. Sold to Kelly. Sold to Newman. Sold by Ed Niles. 1973: Sold to Pessin. 1976: Sold to A. Woodall. 1977: Sold to R. Bodin. He had the car sympathetically and lovingly restored to its 1957 Mille Miglia condition. 1984: Mille Miglia Retrospective. Bodin-Bodin. 1986: Mille Miglia Retrospective. Bodin-Bodin. 1987: Mille Miglia Retrospective. Bodin-Dedolph. 1989: Mille Miglia Retrospective. Bodin-Bodin. 1990: Colorado Grand. Bodin-Bodin. 1994: Sold to P. Vestey. Car dismantled and restored again by D.K. Engineering and R.S. Panels. 1995: Mille Miglia Retrospective. 1999: Still with P. Vestey.

16. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Hey Ken, got any of the red 550?

17. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #19 BillP00, May 23, 2007
  18. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thanks Bill! GREAT pictures! I owe you one.... really, I appreciate it.

Thanks again.

-Joe

19. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Don't mention it. Glad to help!

Bill

20. CarreraGT

CarreraGT Karting

Mar 23, 2006
    Great pics! That's the F40 my bro and I had a run in with a few weeks ago, still haven't gotten over how absolutely amazing taht car is...and god awful fast too!

21. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    #23 kvisser, May 23, 2007
  22. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thanks Ken, great shot.

23. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    #25 kvisser, May 24, 2007
    Send me an email and I'll get the high res to you. Meanwhile, here are some pictures from the 365 class along with Michael's auto deduction, non original painted nose piece!

regards

ken