Real Selling Prices of 07/08 599's | FerrariChat

Real Selling Prices of 07/08 599's

Discussion in '612/599' started by TM328, Mar 1, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TM328

TM328 Karting

Jul 26, 2004
    New England
    I have been looking and reviewing online asking prices and also cross referencing the prices with Manheim auctions sold cars. Auto trader has a few cars with 12K- 20K miles that are between $123-$118K asking price and then a similar group of cars around $145K. Manheim auctions has the average 2007 599 GTB sold over the last 6 months as $107K. I'm trying to reference averages to eliminate the high and low end of the spectrum and concentrate on a clean car fax, factory painted 599 ready to go.

Looking for accurate up to date purchase prices of private party sales, dealer sales or trade ins for 2007/2008 with 10-20K miles in excellent condition, no stories?

2. Patrnflyr

Patrnflyr Karting

Jan 23, 2012
    Lubbock, TX
    Selling price of a 599 for $107K?!? That certainly is a lot lower than DuPont Registry.

3. Da Butcher

Da Butcher Karting

Jan 9, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jose Marie Alandy
    It's all about mileage, number of previous owners, Carfax data , previous owners' maintenance records or lack of it, and most importantly, PPI report of true vehicle condition that will determine value vs asking price. Frequently from my own experiences, cars consigned by an owner to a Ferrari dealership can be a better value since Ferrari will NOT resell a car that has not undergone their 101-point inspection or may not be eligible for their extra cost New Power warranty for cars under 15 years old.

In Dec 2017, I got an '07 599 with 13.2k miles from a Ferrari dealership for $142.5k and it was once owned by a well known Hollywood celebrity. It was also the first 599 imported by Ferrari of Atlanta and was specially shipped to the US (at an added delivery charge of $10k) in late 2006 so the buyer can take delivery during his birthday! This car's condition was like new since previous owners were quite wealthy, hardly drove it and kept it well maintained. Still, I bought the New Power warranty for 12 months for a little over $6k and never had any need for it, but it's a gamble depending on your own confidence, etc.

Re the Manheim auction sale for $107k, often such cars are repos and its creditors don't have the time or wherewithal to sell the cars on their own so they resort to auction houses without any guarantee of the cars' condition or past. Sometimes they can also be recovered stolen cars or slightly damaged salvageable cars being auctioned by insurance companies. By a huge margin, cars auctioned by Manheim are purchased by resellers / dealers and not private buyers (unless they've got a connection to a licensed reseller who'll buy it for them for a fee), so those resellers take the risk fix what's fixable then resell them with a huge profit margin.

So my suggestion to you, don't consider that price as a "low" in your value determination. However if you can afford to, look for a later model circa 2010-11 especially with the factory HGTE option on it. A couple of months ago, I got a one-owner 2011 HGTE from the same Ferrari dealer and it's a noticeable improvement over the early 2007 model we had, such that even my "non car geek" wife said so.

Have a great time with and enjoy your search.

4. TM328

TM328 Karting

Jul 26, 2004
    New England
    Yes, that was the average. Getting trade in values would also help.
    599’s are an incredible value

5. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Yes, 599s are an incredible value at this point. As other people have mentioned, find the cars with the options you want which will condense your search. After that start looking at service records, mileage, and condition.
    In my own search, after exterior and interior color, my car had more miles than I might have liked but it came with every piece of paper including the build sheets and was a one owner car very well maintained so I felt it was the right car.

6. jfm_cdm

jfm_cdm Rookie

May 18, 2013
    Corona del Mar, CA
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Latest Cavallino is saying $170K+, but I think that is ASK side, not bid. I've had a couple of dealers say "if you ever feel like selling give me a call" and indicate that they'd be willing to pay $140K-ish for mine and it has about 25,000 miles on it. If dealer markup is about 15-20%, then those numbers feel right for a high mileage example.

My sense is we are in the flat to trending up slightly part of the price lifecycle. Buying one now, you probably won't take much of a hit if you take care of it and don't drive the sh*t out of it. But taking care of it ain't cheap now that now that they are well off warranty!

7. Patrnflyr

Patrnflyr Karting

Jan 23, 2012
    Lubbock, TX
    Big difference between 140 and 107

8. bigsquat

bigsquat Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2013
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Troy
    I recently bought a really nice 2007, full service records with 19k miles for around $134k with a new power warranty (MSRP was $330k). I searched for over a year and anything at 25K or more was being offered after a little conversation for under $125k. Prices fell significantly over the last year as well. I thought my car was really worth a little less but I really liked it so I paid a little more than I wanted to for it and am happy I did.
    The first thing I learned on this forum was to not let the right car get away over a few thousand dollars.

vjd3, randkin, RonH and 2 others like this.
  9. Potenza430

Potenza430 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 26, 2012
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Great advice!

10. TM328

TM328 Karting

Jul 26, 2004
    New England
    Perfect. Very helpful

11. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Oz-ATL likes this.
  12. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Just based on previous front engine V12s in the 599 lineage, I would certainly hope we are at or near the bottom of the depreciation cycle. I would love to believe Cavallino, but Bluemel's numbers have always struck me as very optimistic.

13. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    RM sold a 3K mile Vinaccia/Tan 2007 599 at Amelia Island over the weekend for $190,400 all in. The buyer's fee was 12 percent, which works out to a winning hammer bid of $170,000. If the seller paid 10 percent commission (negotiable), he/she netted $153,000 less any additional costs to get the car to the auction. A cut/paste of the RM catalog listing follows. I wasn't able to lift any photos of the car from the RM website, nor did I find a window sticker or Build Sheet with detailed specs.

ZFFFC60A970156417

• Presented with just under 3,000 miles
    • Finished in Vinaccia over tan interior
    • Unusual color offered by Ferrari in the '50s-'60s
    • Includes original owner’s manuals, tools, and spare keys
    • A pristine example of any 599
    By continuing a strong legacy of front-engined V-12 berlinettas, Ferrari surpassed its already superb 575 Maranello by producing what is widely considered the last great analog Ferrari, the 599 GTB Fiorano. Upon its debut in February 2006, the 599 would stand as Ferrari’s premier sports car, culminating in just under 50 years of design and engineering excellence.

From the outset, the 599 was to be designed from the ground up. Frank Stephenson of the legendary design firm, Pininfarina, oversaw the 599’s aggressive, muscular looks. His résumé precedes itself as he also penned the F430 and Maserati’s incredible MC12. The beautiful twin bi-xenon headlights work in conjunction with the slanted hood, evoking the sense of pure speed. This is followed by the flying buttress-like “sail panels” in the rear, which further accentuates the car’s stellar looks.

At the heart of the 599 lies a monstrous 5.9-liter V-12 engine producing 612 hp at 7,600 rpm and 448 foot-pounds of torque at 5,600 rpm. The engine is mated to a six-speed semi-automatic electro-hydraulic F1 transmission that can shift in a blistering 100 milliseconds. Coupled with a lightweight aluminum chassis and magnetorheological suspension system, the 599 is able to propel itself from 0–60 in less than 3.2 seconds and to a top speed of 205 miles per hour.

The 599 GTB Fiorano offered is a true testament to the model. Finished in Vinaccia, an exceedingly dark burgundy color, over a contrasting tan interior, the car is presented as one of the most pristine examples available. The unusual special-order color is from the palette of Ferrari colors offered in the 1950s through the '60s and the personalized nameplate on the glovebox suggests the car was special-ordered by a “Christopher T. Charlton.” The GTB features carbon ceramic brakes by Brembo with silver painted calipers, which are wrapped with beautiful silver Fiorano wheels. The car also proudly wears its Scuderia shields on the front wings. However, it is the car’s interior that separates itself from its contemporaries. The spotless interior features carbon fiber trim on the dash and steering wheel. Furthermore, the carbon fiber seats feature Ferrari’s signature ‘Daytona’ inserts. To further complement the outstanding quality, the Ferrari includes a full host of owner’s manuals, spare keys, and its requisite tool kit.

Presented with just under 3,000 miles, this immaculate 599 is arguably one of the finest grand turismo berlinettas ever produced by Ferrari and would be an outstanding addition to any fine collection.

msdesignltd and Makuono like this.
  14. turbolou

turbolou Rookie

Jan 24, 2012
    Lake Forest California
    Full Name:
    Lou Czarnota
    #14 turbolou, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    After wanting one since they were released I recently got seduced by a mint black/black 599 GTB with 12 000 miles full carbon fiber interior for $140,000 there were lesser cars available with higher miles for less but not enough to interest me.It,s really a different car from anything else I recently owned & taking some getting used to.I wish it had a more modern PDK trans like my turbo Porsche but its a beauty & cant take my eyes off it. Monday it goes to Ferrari for its annual physical.

15. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    DCTs are boring compared to F1. You have a real manual transaxle being helped by electro-hydraulic shifting and clutch actuation. PDKs only go in Porsches, their name for DCT.

Dave rocks, LARRYH, jlaws02 and 2 others like this.