Real World Availability of 430 Coupe | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Real World Availability of 430 Coupe

Discussion in '360/430' started by W. MITTY, Jan 15, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Morgie

Morgie Formula Junior

May 3, 2005
    SF Bay/Carmel

bought a F1 -- never could shift as well as I thought I should and now I shift like the champion racers!

I looked at the GT2, but I couldn't get myself to buy a 996 on steroids. Porsche needs to distinguish the TT and GT2 with different body panels, more width, and upgraded interiors to justify the price.

2. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    My local dealer, Ferrari of Seattle, is age agnostic. They are the nicest, fairest and most honest people that I've ever worked with in the auto industry, irrespective of marque. They will treat you with respect and integrity that befits a brand like Ferrari. I've walked in off the street carrying my 2yr old while I was in the vicinity and a new salesman that I had not met before was very courteous -- I've also seen them be very kind to teenagers and f-car enthusiasts with clearly no intention to buy. As long as they're in look but don't touch, there's no problem. Like all Ferrari dealers, I'm sure that they get their fair share of "tire kickers" and time-wasters, but if you are prospective customer they'll be completely straight-up with you. I did not request a test-drive when ordering my 360 as my mind was already made up that that was the car that I wanted (which is what I understand most Ferrari buyers to do). I've not dealt with Ron Tonkin, which would be your local dealer, but I've heard good things about them too. If you've had a bad experience with RT or another dealer then you might want to give FoS a try, but that would make servicing your vehicle at the dealership where you bought the car incovenient. If you've been treated poorly at a dealership, I would urge you to call that dealership's owner (or write to them) or contact the sales manager. Explain politely the situation -- I am sure your issue would likely be resolved to your complete satisfaction.
    The whole Ferrari ownership experience has been extremely pleasant -- it's very different from owning a BMW, Mercedes or Porsche (all of which I've done, and all have been good experiences). It's just that Ferrari goes that little extra, making you feel like one of the family. Maybe that's just my dealer, but it has been an awesome experience and one that will make me a repeat customer for a very long time....