really beat up Rolex repair | Page 2 | FerrariChat

really beat up Rolex repair

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by mikeyr, Aug 24, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mikeyr

mikeyr Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike Rambour
    the repair for my band was $550 and I honestly can't tell where they laser welded the severely damaged links, they also knocked out a few dents, it is every bit as good as new and I should know, I bought it new 31 years ago :)

I am sending my rivet band from my stainless next week, that one is 45 years old, I still have the receipt when my Dad bought it for my 16th bday, he bought it at Orly detax (Orly Airport Paris, Tax Free). Watchwerks in LA did wonders on that watch also.

As to the question of who does this kind of work in the U.S. I know of no one, Watchwerks recommended Michael Young to me and then several members here did also. It took a while to get the nerve to ship to Hong Kong but WOW !!! happy I did.

2. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    email or contact for Mr. Young in HK please? I have an 86 and my wife has an 88. both could use bracelet tune up. Thanks in advance

3. mikeyr

mikeyr Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike Rambour
  4. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
  5. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Curious how people feel about Eric Martin of Phoenix Arizona? I used him once some years ago and his service was fine. Watch (30+ yr old SeaDweller) was gorgeous when it came back. Honestly looks so good that it now spends most of the time in the safe where it had been my daily wear for 30 years.

6. cwilson13

cwilson13 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 20, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    CWilson
    Michael Young is a bracelet master.
    There is no one in the US that can touch his work (especially for the price).
    If you have ever wondered who this mystery man on the other other side of the world is....

7. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Thanks for the video on MY. I wondered what he was all about. Since his work is sooo good he had to be passionate about it.

8. Serie1926

Serie1926 Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2012
    BIG thanks to those that recommended ABC Watchwerks!!!

Alex and his team did a brilliant job restoring my old Datejust.

Several years ago our grandson unscrewed the crown while we were playing in the hot tub. The watch filled up with water and and was in very bad shape the following morning. I took it to a local watch shop I had used previously to clean the watch. After the service the watch just didn't seem the same. Fast forward a few years I find this discussion, call ABC and talk to Alex. Alex sent the shipping label the same day and I sent him the watch. The watch arrived back to my home this morning.

My mom gave me this watch that belonged to my dad when he passed 23 years ago. So appreciative Alex and his team took such care and did such a fantastic job restoring to as-new condition.

Attached Files:

randkin likes this.
  9. mikeyr

mikeyr Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike Rambour
    Awesome looking watch. I am really happy to have found Watchwerks, I feel confident in highly recommending them for work and of course sending all my work there. Michael Young currently has 2 of my bands, I was so happy with the one he did. One of them is my original Sub band with the rivets in awful shape, it was given to me for my 16th bday so you can imagine what the watch went through.

10. XLNLIFE

XLNLIFE Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2005
    SOUTHERN CA
    Full Name:
    JEREMY :
    Chris at Valencia Time Center hands down !!! He has been working on watches for 30 Years. He is respected and trusted by many of the southern CA F Car guys as he used to own a 348. 661-222-9700 You can mail it tom him and he will mail it back when done.