Rear ABS sensors breaking one after the other within two months (25k mile F12) | FerrariChat

Rear ABS sensors breaking one after the other within two months (25k mile F12)

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by GTEE3, Sep 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GTEE3

GTEE3 Rookie

Dec 1, 2019
    Champaign, IL
    Full Name:
    Chia-Hao Lin
    Two months ago on Tail of the Dragon my F12 went into limp mode and had a multi system failure.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Got it towed to Ferrari Atlanta and they told me the rear right ABS sensor (wheel speed sensor) broke, they replaced it and the vehicle has been running fine.
    Until ~2000 miles later, two days ago, car went into limp mode again with the same failures.
    This time I had the help with a local mechanic/good friend that works on exotic cars. So we scanned the car and found out the rear left abs sensor has broken.
    We cleared the codes and started troubleshooting, found out that whenever the car’s rear left wheel goes over a bump the warnings will reappear. I was able to go 100mph+ if the road is smooth, but as soon as I hit a bump (regardless of vehicle speed, it could be 30 mph) the car would go into limp mode. We’ve decided to not tow the car all the way to the dealer (which is over 2 hours away) and DIY fix this issue, new ABS sensor and clips have been ordered from Scuderia Car Parts. More updates coming soon.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat