Rear Dash Cam | FerrariChat

Rear Dash Cam

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by russellmcg, Sep 1, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. russellmcg

russellmcg Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 3, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Russell McGuire
    Not sure if anyone has been able to mount a rear-style dash cam to their California or not, but I am on the hunt for one. I use the BlackVue DR590 for my front but have not been able to find a way to mount a rear one due to the convertible. Any suggestions?

2. Veloman

Veloman Rookie

Feb 16, 2019
    Fairfax Station, VA
    Full Name:
    Steven
    I have 2012 Cali and added this wireless unit over a year ago: https://www.costco.com/.product.100681295.html
    It’s an easy install, and it works great. The camera is solar powered, but I’ve never had a problem with that as I regularly drive the car. I just saw that they also sell an add-on camera unit that can be used for the front. I may get that add-on, though I need to check if it will work with the drill-less license plate holder that I use up front (it is from Carbonio).

3. Oitbc

Oitbc Rookie

Mar 25, 2021
    Full Name:
    Phil Thomas
    I asked round in the UK and the recommendation from 2 AV and dashcam firms was to build a small bracket and fit the rear facing on the mirror with the front facing camera. That way it’s still there with the top down - otherwise you a) lose it when top down b) the the wires likely to get caught at some point.

4. Oitbc

Oitbc Rookie

Mar 25, 2021
    Full Name:
    Phil Thomas
    Price was about £1,200 - so 15-16 hundred dollars I imagine.

5. Defmeister

Defmeister Karting

Aug 3, 2019
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    I use a Nexbase 522GW with a plug in rearview camera mounted on the front screen. Best solution I could find without too much installation difficulty. Not as good as a dedicated rear camera but good enough. Only drawback so far is that the camera lcd switches to speed display when driving, letting my wife see!!!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat