Rear offside CCM Disc - Strange! | FerrariChat

Rear offside CCM Disc - Strange!

Discussion in '612/599' started by Autodetailing, Sep 14, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Autodetailing

Autodetailing Karting

Oct 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    John
    So whats causing one of my rear CCM discs to be hotter than all the rest?
    Came home last evening after a spirited drive, and i dont know why, but i had a feel of the discs, just to see how hot they were.
    The rear offside disc was considerably hotter than the other 3, noticeably so too.
    I wonder if the handbrake is sticking on that side, but the car rolls forward easily when the handbrake is off?
    Could the caliper pistons be working harder on that one wheel?, but the car does not pull or veer when braking?
    Its only just been serviced so may require a trip back to the dealer me thinks!

2. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    If driving very spirited it does use rear brakes as part of stability control

Id drive again on the fwy for 5 mins and pull over and check
    Shouldnt be hot

3. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Michael could be right but that assumes either very unequal driving habits or that the route was oddly biased one way; that makes me think it likely isn't stability control. How frequently do you change brake fluid and has it been maintained well for a long time or only recently? Old fluid can get gummy and restrict some of the passages. There was a fairly recent thread on this and they were removing and rebuilding all of the calipers.

4. Autodetailing

Autodetailing Karting

Oct 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    John
    Hi John - the car has just had a major service by a main dealer, the brake fluid should have been changed, but i will check, the car has been serviced every year, but again i will check for the brake fluid replacement.
    The only other item that was done in the service was the replacement of the " drive shaft lock nuts " on each rear axle?
    As Michael suggests, i will take her for a steady drive on the motorway and check again.

Skidkid likes this.