Rear Speakers | FerrariChat

Rear Speakers

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by miami355, Mar 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. miami355

miami355 Karting

Sep 2, 2006
    Miami, FL
    I'm about to change the rear speakers on my 1984 400i, with dual A/C. Is its pretty straight forward? Any tips or tricks would be appreciated.

2. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    Hope you get some good feedback. I've been thinking of doing same but it doesn't look easy. I've had parcel deck out to replace leather but that did not tell me enough. Not sure they come out up or down.
    Ken

3. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    I'd like to know the procedure as well as I need to replace mine on our Series I.

4. miami355

miami355 Karting

Sep 2, 2006
    Miami, FL
    I'm dropping it off at a car audio shop today.....wish me luck. Getting a pioneer head unit. I wish I didn't have to go modern, but I plan on driving my car and these units have bluetooth and work very well.

5. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    DON'T DO IT!!! :eek:
    The amount of malfeasance committed against the wiring systems of various cars I have owned over the years is astounding! Although mostly by alarm installers, audio installers are not without sin. Do it yourself, and do it properly!

davidoloan and Al Campbell like this.
  6. wda24729

wda24729 Formula 3

Sep 22, 2014
    Devon, UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Agree with the Doc! This was about half way through ripping redundant / surplus audio and alarm wiring out of my TR, I reckon all installed by a 5 year old apprentice!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Yea DO NOT let some stereo place install something. Leave it alone or do it yourself!

8. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    For what it is worth..Absolutely do it yourself!! I did it about 15 years ago, and don't recall the details....but if I did it, you certainly can do it. This is not rocket science, and very satisfying. I certainly hope all of my spelling is correct. Thanks. Jq.

9. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    Jq
    Can you at least remember if speakers came out the topor bottom?
    Ken

10. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    I usually can't remember what I had for breakfast..or if I had breakfast....but in this case they were mounted in the rear deck, sort of echoing of the rear window. I my case, I mounted some new surface mounted forward facing on the rear deck,and disconnecting the old speakers that were of miserable quality anyway. Ran totally new larger gauge wiring within the door sills and between the rear seats and the window panel to the speakers....perfect for future access/ servicing. I left the original speakers/wires in situ for posteriity. Simple,invisible, and undetectable. The entire job was less than a couple of hours. I hope that this is of some use to someone, and I still can't recall breakfast this morning. Thank you. Jq.