Rear Suspension rebuild ? | FerrariChat

Rear Suspension rebuild ?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Jrconiglio, Dec 4, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jrconiglio

Jrconiglio Rookie

Jan 31, 2017
    Does anyone have a suspension person/ shop ? I need to have my rear suspension rebuilt if possible vs buying new shocks etc - 1997 456 GTA - ride adjust rear shocks etc-

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    It might help if you said where you are.

wbklink likes this.
  3. Jrconiglio

Jrconiglio Rookie

Jan 31, 2017
    I’m in central coastal California

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Confusing, do you want your shocks rebuilt/accumulators replaced or your suspension joints rebuilt? If both are in need of help, doing only one will not fix the problem.

5. scowman

scowman F1 Rookie

Mar 25, 2014
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Stu Boogie
    Assuming you need your shocks rebuilt —common problem. Good idea to replace your bushings and shock accumulators at the same time.

Any suspension shop can do the r/r. The bushings can be had from SPUK and the accumulators from Amazon.

The shocks are a HUGE problem. Currently there is only one company that will rebuild them completely including the top seal on the stalk for the accumulator adjustment.

DELTA VEE is the place. See thread a few more down for that issue (6mos turn around plus other issue).

What shop is going to tie up a lift or space for that long?

bilstien uk will rebuild them for much less money and time but won’t touch the top seal.

SPUK sells replacements for like 1300 sterling each! People feel these are poor quality and will require rebuilding shortly.

There is a group here trying to find an alternative to DV but I don’t expect that will happen shortly.

Good luck!