reason #294 why the new iOS sucks... | FerrariChat

reason #294 why the new iOS sucks...

Discussion in 'Technology' started by rob lay, Oct 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    just with recent last one or two updates about 10% of time I will be two sentences into typing a text and it deletes all of it. something with fat fingering or something it highlights text and deletes before you can do anything.

there isn't an undo is there?

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    shaking phone didn't work.

3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I have found throwing it on the ground makes me feel a lot better. Doesn't help the phone, but it makes me happy.

4. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005
    Unfortunately Apple sucks at making a mobile OS that is power user friendly... but android phone manufacturers suck at making hardware that doesn't suck.

I hate it, but I've had an iPhone for just about a year after a string of Android phones. I can put up with a crappy OS as long as the hardware is functional.

If I could put android on my iPhone that would be a perfect union.

5. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Mine just shuts off once I dip below 50% of battery life. Powers off also when I'm in the midst of writing a message

Done with Apple. Will not purchase another iSuckPhone

6. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHZ8ek-6ccc[/ame]

7. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
  8. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    You should get a Google Nexus or the new Google Pixel that replaced the Nexus line. The Pixel has excellent hardware and a great OS.

I don't like the Android phones that use customized Android with service provider or manufacturer apps you can't uninstall (T-mobile and Samsung apps for instance). The Google products don't come with any of that...it's pure Android.

Apple is still behind on hardware and usually is. Most other smartphones have had 1080P screens for years and Apple came out with that 2 years ago with the 6 plus and it's only still available on the plus models. Those have less pixel density than other 1080p screens (most are 5" 1080P unlike the 5.5" in the 6 Plus). Apple was late with flash for the camera and a forward facing camera.

9. EnzymaticRacer

EnzymaticRacer F1 Veteran

Feb 27, 2005
    I will certainly be considering the pixel, but I'm only just now a year in to my 2 year contract.

My sister-in-law did get herself a pixel, so by the time I'm ready to upgrade, we'll see how the pixel has fared in her hands, and others around the country.