Reccomendations on shipping a car. | FerrariChat

Reccomendations on shipping a car.

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by Tom Larkins, Jul 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tom Larkins

Tom Larkins Formula Junior

I'm finalizing purchase on a 993tt in Denver and the car will need to be sent to Kansas City. Just want someone thats reliable and professional in the manner in which we all would expect our cars to be treated. Checked Intercity and some other national carriers, just wondering if any of you locals use anyone privately.

Thanks.

2. camchain

camchain Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Ron Hetherington
    Tom, I have used a fellow named Gary Hubbell from Springfield, MO. He calls his company Vista Motorsports. I have been very impressed with his level of care. He pulls a two car enclosed trailer. He can be reached at 417.861.8846.
    Good luck,
    Ron Hetherington

3. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    Call Leroy @ Western Transport. They have nice equipment, and always treat the cars with the respect they deserve. You can reach him @ 303.876.2197

4. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
    I got this list from a dealer in Springfield (they deal in Lambo's and F-Cars). They use them all the time to ship cars

417 area code
    Gene Bond 619-3089
    Rick Vanlent 861-6097
    Charles Oberbeck 865-8105

Oberbeck just shipped my 308 from KC to Houston for $700. I called him last Monday and he had another car coming to Austin last week. They picked it up Thursday at noon and I had it Friday morning. The driver told me he shipped a McLaren F1 for the dealer a while back as well.

I was very happy with them and would use them again. Passport wanted $1000 and 7-10 days to deliver after picking up the car.

5. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Hi Tom, I use on a regular base a friend who's son race cars. He is on his way back from canada after droping the F40 that was here . He brings back to me a MB AMG. He is very resonable in price and knows what to do with expensif car.He is taking later on my LM to New Orleans
    He will be here tomorrow and can be reach at 303/884-7802 (cell).
    Check him out
    Roland
    F40LM

6. Tom Larkins

Tom Larkins Formula Junior

Thanks to you all for helping. As of now, the Porsche dealership where I have purchased the car has decided to take care of the shipping for me through some of their local contacts. If something falls through and I need to arrange this myself you guys have helped quite alot w/your contacts. I knew if I posted here and in the mid-west area (Kansas City) you folks would know the right people to handle a job. Both areas have supplyied numerous contacts.

Tom