Received the update on this weekends Amelia Island Concours. | FerrariChat

Received the update on this weekends Amelia Island Concours.

Discussion in 'Florida' started by vdettore, Mar 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vdettore

vdettore Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2017
    Georgia Coast
    Full Name:
    Vince
    Schedule Announcement for the 23rd Annual Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance to be made Thursday March 8 at 8:30 AM EST

Thanks to everyone who has inquired about the status of Sunday’s 23rd Annual Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance. Last year we made the decision to move Sunday’s Concours d’Elegance to Saturday, a choice that was rewarded with sunny skies, strong attendance and a show field of almost 800 vehicles.

As of today, the weather predictions for 2018 looks similar to the pattern we experienced in 2017 with forecasted sunny skies on Saturday and a chance of rain Sunday morning. Of course, anyone who has lived or vacationed in Florida knows that weather predictions can fluctuate vastly, even in a day. With this uncertainty in mind, we want to wait and make the decision on whether or not we will move Sunday’s show to Saturday on Thursday March 8 at 8:30am.

NOTE: If we do make the change, Cars & Coffee at the Concours will still take place on Saturday in conjunction with the Concours.

Please keep a close eye on our social media channels and your email for the announcement.

Facebook: ameliaconcours

Twitter: ameliaconcours

Instagram: ameliaislandconcours

Thank you,

Jennifer Grosse

Judge & VIP Liaison

Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance

3016 Mercury Rd. S. Jacksonville FL 32207

T: 1.904.636.0027

E: [email protected]

The 23rd Annual Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance, March 9-11,

For more information, visit www.ameliaconcours.org or call 904-636-0027.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Man, what a shame, two years in a row they're getting affected by weather.

My first time attending Amelia Island, driving up from Tampa, the closer I got to Jacksonville I
    was noticing snow flying off the tops of the semi trailers that were heading south. The temperature
    must have been at least 30F less than in Tampa.

The second time, was not as cold but very windy and practically everyone got windburn during
    the day. It's the chance organizers take having an event that far north this time of year.

For their sake, hope forecasts are wrong.

BHW

vdettore likes this.
  3. FLGT

FLGT Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 16, 2008
    It has moved to saturday am