Recommendation for a leasing company? | FerrariChat

Recommendation for a leasing company?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by jck, Aug 2, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jck

jck Karting

Sep 22, 2006
    Santa Monica, CA
    Full Name:
    James Kim
    I have a friend who has been in the U.S. for a relatively short period of time. He had no problem leasing a Rolls Royce Phantom, but is having difficulty leasing a 458 due to his brief credit history in the U.S.

Any recommendation for a company that might be willing to lease him a 458?

Thanks

2. Niner Guy

Niner Guy Karting

Jul 18, 2011
    NV, WY
    I just purchased a 1999 355 and was interested in leasing options. The dealer I worked with had these as suggestions.

http://www.putnamleasing.com/

http://www.premierfinancialservices.com/

Both do a lot of exotic cars and have tailored programs that are pretty interesting. In the end I went with straight financing with http://www.jjbest.com/ (violating the rule of paying cash for my toys but keeping some "drypowder" if the economy begins a downward path)

3. hangarsixco

hangarsixco Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2010
    S. California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Stay as far away as you can from leasing brokers!!!

These brokers use multiple banks to get you the best loan possible.

Each bank will run a hard inquiry on your TRW leaving you with multiple point dropping inquires on your report.

This can and will damage your credit for the next 2 years. Until the inquires are gone.

This happened to a friend of mine trying to buy a lambo merci, he merely wanted to weigh out his options on a lease or all out pay up front cash type of purchase.

He too traveled out of the country a fair amount of time. Long story short.

He had 8 inquires from 8 banks on his credit report. His credit score dropped and one of his credit card companies closed his account. I assume as fear he may be trying to gain multiple credit lines or may be a default risk.

I am not sure if any of the companies listed here are bank brokers but I recommend researching them thoroughly before committing especially if his credit is already in a vulnerable state.

4. m5guy

m5guy Formula 3

Aug 17, 2008
    Ventura, CA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Neither Premier or Putnam are brokers.

Juan Garcia at Premier Financial is an awesome guy to work with. I priced out a vehicle lease through him, but ultimately decided to execute a purchase instead of a lease. He was very responsive, friendly and upfront about their fees.

5. Niner Guy

Niner Guy Karting

Jul 18, 2011
    NV, WY
    I just checked my credit report and no inquires on there so far.

6. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay