Recommendations for under $40,000.00 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Recommendations for under $40,000.00

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Spectre, Apr 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I bought a 78 GTS Black on Black. I too was aprehensive about the whole "hey its a Magnum PI car" I have had several black sports cars so that was the only color for me. I think since it is black people dont see it as his car.

I have yet to hear that.

I paid somewhere around 25K and it is in my opinion premo condition. I have spent about 3k on various upgrades and refurbishing. I have plenty of money left over from this purchase to rebuild motor and tranaxle if I were to need it. Most people are dumbfounded and think I am lieing when I say it is a 78.

I actually like the lines better than most all other F-cars. I just think the newer F-cars look to much like so many other cars on the road such as Mustangs or many of the ricers.

Not too many cars look like the 3X8.

I will upgrade to a 328 in a few years and then it is my desire to purchase an F 40 or 50. They are unique for sure!

PS: Of course and Enzo is on my dream list to but not to likely in this life time!

2. Spectre

Spectre Karting

Apr 1, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Speedy,
    What GT4 are you referring to? I went to Ferrari's site to check their list of previous cars and was surprised to find a 208 and a 208 Turbo? I've never seen any of these listed. Are they collectors or just not very desirable?

3. Slomo

Slomo Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    David Chambers
    208 was a euro version of the 308 but with a 6 cyl engine for economy. Yucky.

I have seen nice 328's and decent 348's for 40K. The one mentioned by Dave Handa earlier looks very nice. OK looking 348 went locally here for under 40 a couple of months ago. I think it is just a matter of patience until a good car comes along. If you can wait you can get a good one for 40K or a little less. It is just that when you want one you want it right now.

Dave

4. Slomo

Slomo Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    David Chambers
    BTW, Some folks also mentioned 930's, Lotus, Viper. I have to say that they seem like better performance/value.

5. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Revised list- NSX, Lotus,Viper, 930Turbo. If your maxing yourself at 40K, you may have a tough time swallowing maintenence issues should they creap up in a 348.