Recommendations on dashboard treatment for a 1970s car? | FerrariChat

Recommendations on dashboard treatment for a 1970s car?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by tdskip, Sep 15, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tdskip

tdskip Karting

Aug 25, 2012
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Good morning - asking about my newly acquired 1974 Merek. Good news is it a California car from new, bad news is that dash is looking a bit dry and I want to head off any cracking. Any suggestions for a non-greasy treatment to help protect the dash and door panels and add a bit a depth back to the material?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

2. Dave Bertrand

Dave Bertrand Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2005
    Castle Rock, CO
    I highly recommend 303 Aerospace Protectant. It's been a favorite among the detailing crowd for decades. It protects leather and vinyl from UV rays and leaves no shiny or oily residue. Perfect.

3. tdskip

tdskip Karting

Aug 25, 2012
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Good morning and thanks for the response Dave. That 303 product kept popping up in the searching I did, along with Meguiar's M40 but people seem to use the Meguiar's product on tires and exterior trim as well which has be wondering...

4. Dave Bertrand

Dave Bertrand Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2005
    Castle Rock, CO
    I've never used M40, but it seems to me that it's intended for exterior vinyl such as a convertible top, and rubber bumpers and trim. But I'm sure it would be fine for any vinyl surface.

5. tdskip

tdskip Karting

Aug 25, 2012
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Thank you Dave