Recommended Ferrari service shops near Omaha (Midwest) | FerrariChat

Recommended Ferrari service shops near Omaha (Midwest)

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by BLAMPEE, Dec 29, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BLAMPEE

BLAMPEE Man Card Status: Never Issued

As you all know, I am moving to Omaha February 1. I was hoping to get a list on this thread of any and all possible recommended service providers for Ferraris near Omaha. Now, we all know about shipping the car to Denver, Chicago, etc for authorized dealers, but I don't need an authorized dealer to perform an oil change or swap out a headlamp motor.

So, is there ANYONE trusted in Omaha for simple maintenance?

Also, I've heard conflicting reports on KC......so, are there ANY KC shops recommended for things like oil changes all the way up to 30k engine-out services?

If I have to take her far for her 30k then I will most likely rent a truck and trailer and drive her to Dave Helms in Colorado based on his reputation and his genuine passion for the Ferrari brand. He is one of the nicest guys I have ever talked to--even had 20-30 minute phone calls with him with questions even though I've never met him. :)

So, for me and others who find this thread on search, lay 'em out, brothers.

And for those who live near Omaha, you WILL meet me soon. I love sharing my 355 with anyone who loves cars. And I don't keep a garage queen. I bought her to drive her. ;)

2. jpohl402

jpohl402 Formula Junior

Brock,
    talk to Bob at C.A.R.S. on 62nd and L....
    I believe that stands for Classic Auto Restoration Services
    They have serviced a ton of older, classic European cars & plenty of newer Ferrari's & Mas'.....

3. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    As well as Andre @ K11 Auto, he's a one man show, and the only one I trust with the Audis....he is well versed in all the Euros, including Ferrari and Lambo. Just north of L on 79th.

402-397-7463

4. Coolhand

Coolhand Karting

Mar 30, 2007
    Overland Park Kansas
    If you are looking for excellent service on your Ferrari located in Omaha, the two closest options are: 1. Vince Hill of Hill's Exotic and Performance located in Joplin Missouri, or 2. Dave Helms in Boulder Colorado. I have had the pleasure of giving my business to both of them.

Vince did the major service on my F355, and unfortunately two days after I picked up my car his shop burned to the ground thru no fault of his own. The good news is that Vince has found a new shop and should be back in business soon. The work that Vince Hill has done on my car is amazing. I can say with absolute confidence that I have the most well maintained F355 that I have ever seen in person.

Dave Helms' reputation precedes him on this forum. I have both the Scuderia Rampante Innovations gold connector kit and full silicon hose kit installed on my car. Both have made my F355 a substantially better car than it was before. Dave has been extremely helpful both on the phone and thru email correspondence. Vince Hill concurs with me on the helpfulness of Dave Helms in his product and technical support, so I can't imagine that his actual shop would be any different. You will find legions of Dave Helms advocates on this forum, and I am happy to say that I am one of them.

5. dasMafia

dasMafia Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2004
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Matt Albers is one of the Techs at Markel BMW (I think he's still there), and he's exceptional in all respects, and I'd trust him with anything... he even suffered through my old solid-lifter bimmers with a smile.

the Jag/Land Rover tech is a guy named Ben Aden, and also quite capable, and a genuinely good I who lived near for several years.

I would not let anyone else at that shop touch my car... but those two guys I trust, period.

for simple stuff, they should be able to do the job.

6. PaulC

PaulC Formula 3

Feb 11, 2003
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Jim Vakoc owns Maplewood Motors. He does a lot of Jag work but back when I was in high school I saw the former Mayor's Testarossa in there on more than one occasion. his shop is on Maple and 7?th street.

Good luck

7. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Just south of Maple on 78th? Not sure if it's still there.

8. deon.smith

deon.smith Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    #8 deon.smith, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
    Vince on my Lamborghinis, Mercs and Porsches. I have watched him work on Coolhand's Ferrari and was impressed.

9. BLAMPEE

#9 BLAMPEE, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
    Just had a sit-down with Porsche of Omaha's service manager, Jason. Seems like a good guy. I'll give him a chance when I need something worked on that doesn't require an SD. :)

Felt pretty comfortable there. :)

10. Taurean Bull

Taurean Bull Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2010
    On my way
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Curious where they'll do their parts sourcing? A Ferrari dealer? Ricambi?

11. BLAMPEE

He said I can supply parts. ;)

Ricambi loves me anyway. :p

12. rnp614

rnp614 Rookie

Jul 28, 2008
    NE
    Any updates on this topic? Any new shops in the last 5 years?

13. pshep138

pshep138 Formula 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The Midwest
    I would still recommend CARS here in Omaha. Last time I was in there, they had a 360 Spider F1 up on a lift for a clutch and major.

14. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Nope.

15. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    I would and do send my cars to Ferrari of Denver to be serviced. Dave Helms in Colorado, and Maranello Motor works do outstanding work as well. Jody from JETS transport is an awesome option for transport anywhere you want to take it. I have also seen transport deals by the Chicago dealers to get cars for service. I have always had good luck with franchise dealers, I know some people have horror stories about sending it to the F car dealer but my experience has always been good. Has anyone ever checked out healey weeks in western Iowa? are they still in business? The website shows them working on a lot of exotics and doing a lot of high end restorations.

16. pshep138

pshep138 Formula 3

Apr 20, 2013
    The Midwest
    Also Black Horse Motorsports in Missouri. Possibly a bit closer than the nearest F car dealer.