Recommended tires for 1995 355 Spyder? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Recommended tires for 1995 355 Spyder?

Discussion in '348/355' started by Sancho22, Oct 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sancho22

Sancho22 Karting

Oct 24, 2018
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Laszlo Szanka
    great reading - thanks!

2. Sancho22

Sancho22 Karting

Oct 24, 2018
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Laszlo Szanka
    OK so now I can tell you guys just a bit more about the car.
    Picked it up with friend yesterday and trailered it home (90 miles).
    It is a 1995 manual, rosso corsa spyder with tan refinished leather seats, Capristo stage III exhaust.
    Due for a major in the next few months, needs new tires (thanks for all your advice - thats sorted), possibly headers and has some issues with the top (as most would have).
    High mileage (44K) but in really nice shape and likely better for me to enjoy than a low mileage garage queen...

Now just need to figure out how really to drive it, correct chips/clear bra?
    So either things like converting the top to manual operation.

If anyone has additional general suggestions please share. Sorry for the poor picture - the only one I have for now I can paste in here...

Attached Files:

Qavion and 308 GTB like this.
  3. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Let us know the symptoms of the roof problem. Sometimes they can be fixed for a few dollars.

4. Sancho22

Sancho22 Karting

Oct 24, 2018
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Laszlo Szanka
    First off thanks everyone for the tire suggestions. I ended up with the Michelin 4s and so far they feel really great - the car almost transformed.

The roof has an issue that part of the mechanism will not engage with another part when opening. The PO fabricated a little wood tool to push the part in its place and then the roof opens. I think I will just switch to full manual.

5. Sancho22

Sancho22 Karting

Oct 24, 2018
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Laszlo Szanka
    what cold PSI are you guys running with the Michelin 4S?

6. baschul

baschul Karting
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Brian S
    Following. I have had the PS4S's on my F355 since they first made these sizes available about a year ago and love them. Curious on the PSI you guys report to be running. I have experimented with everything from 29PSI all the way up to 38PSI and everything in between. Haven't settled on where I want to run for regular street use.

7. WATSON

WATSON Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2010
    WI
    If it is the fork to pin engagement issue you are experiencing, there are some threads on that.

Full manual is not a great option IMHO. Just go to manual operated pump mode.

8. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I'd say it depends on how much driving will be in the snow.

9. Sancho22

Sancho22 Karting

Oct 24, 2018
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Laszlo Szanka
    Moderate amount, until 1-2" on the ground....no ice driving. Thats when I pull out my Nokian Hakkapelita with studs

ryalex likes this.
  10. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
  11. Sancho22

Sancho22 Karting

Oct 24, 2018
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Laszlo Szanka
    nice. So i looked up some older threads and 5 peopel gave 8 different answers regarding pressures. Given different climate and tires thats understandable to degree for sure. What confused me that some would run higher pressures in the front some (fewer) in the rear...

Any thoughts?

ryalex likes this.
  12. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    The manual lists 2 separate pressure combinations F/R based on the brand (Pirelli or Bridgestone) for Spiders. Tires in 2019 have come a long way in 20 years so we are not dealing with the same tires. I took a rough average of the 2 specs and came up with 34 F / 33 R. Works for me.

13. Sancho22

Sancho22 Karting

Oct 24, 2018
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Laszlo Szanka
    great - thanks!