Recommended to clean seats? | FerrariChat

Recommended to clean seats?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by jennifer488, Apr 16, 2018.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jennifer488

jennifer488 Rookie

Aug 8, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    What is recommended to clean the seats in the 488?

2. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Is this a serious question?????

If it is, use Armor All all purpose cleaning wipes, or similar. If you're a leather freak and want to condition it, use griotts garage leather care.

3. Rbwiii

Rbwiii Formula Junior

Aug 9, 2014
    Cali
    Full Name:
    BW
    Adams has a leather interior cleaner and a detailer. They have a great conditioner I use also. Been using there product on all my leather interior for years.

Adamspolishes.Com

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    ive been using zymol since 92

Afonsolaw likes this.
  5. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Depends which materials. I have race with leather and Alcantara and special stitching.

6. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Tanner’s Preserve

7. RobD

RobD Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    USA
    If there’s no staining and it’s just a light cleaning, a new microfiber towel (preferably washed before first use) dampened with filtered or distilled water will normally do the job. If a more thorough cleaning is required, a dedicated alcantara or leather cleaner may be necessary. AutoGeek or Autopia carry many quality brands/products.

8. Boston George

Boston George Rookie

Feb 5, 2018
  9. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    For leather I also use Zymol... the cleaner and the conditioner.... leaves the interior smelling like that new italian leather!

10. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    im addicting to all zymol scents!

11. Gum12345

Gum12345 Karting

Jul 8, 2017
    USA
    Is zymol save on the contrast stitching?

12. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Alcantara- use Sonax Alcantara cleaner, Trinova Boars hair brush.( Both can be purchased Amazon or detail shop). Gliptone leather cleaner if needed followed by Gliptone leather conditioner. Used to use Leatherique, but it's quality and support base no longer good!

13. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    The standard leather is fulll analine by Poltrona Frau.
    It is very durable. I clean mine with a clean sold cloth moistened with warm soapy water. I then dry it with a dry clean soft cloth.
    I use the same technique on the carbon fiber.

Alcantara is a synthetic product, I would treat the way one does with polyester garments

14. Steve711

Steve711 Karting

Oct 9, 2007
    The factory finish on the leather is flat. I've seen many ferrari's where people have used leather cleaners that leave the finish shiny. In my opinion, the shiny finish looks terrible. Can anyone confirm whether any of the reccomendations here such as Zymol or Gliptone or others preserve the factory flat finish? This is especially important on black leather.

MANDALAY likes this.
  15. Steve711

Steve711 Karting

Oct 9, 2007
    It's usually the conditioner not the cleaner that leaves it shiny. So my question is more to conditioners that are best to leave the finish flat?

16. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Griot's garage leather cleaner for the serious stuff, and armor all all purpose cleaning wipes for others . Neither leave the shiny finish, which looks terrible and I agree.