Recycled Warranty Cards | FerrariChat

Recycled Warranty Cards

Discussion in '308/328' started by 48969, Feb 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 48969

48969 Karting

Jun 27, 2020
    Chicago, Illinois
    Full Name:
    J. Michael Collins
    I just bought this warranty book, but when I got it I noticed that “1980 Models” had been taped over with “1981 Models” and a few entries inside had been taped over. Was this common? I know Ferrari used what they had, as seen with the various tool kits, but reusing printed matter seems a bit much.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    #2 nerofer, Feb 23, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    Probably legit. Please keep in mind (there are many, many posts and exchanges about the matter...) that there was no such thing as a "Model Year" at Ferrari Maranello at the time; only Ferrari North America was using the "Model Year" criteria; so FNA probably received too many warranty cards, printed in Italy, for the M.Y 1980 (U.S cars had a different Warranty Card than ROW...among differences, the only one with the "M.Y" designation), and probably extended their use with a sticker over the "M.Y 1980" for the "M.Y 1981".

Stickers in the "official" Ferrari manuals are not uncommon; for instance, during the last year of the carbed GTBs production, many european owners' manuals had a small sticker inside the manual over the engine power characteristics, given until then at 255 hp, but covered with a sticker that says "230hp" when Ferrari started to quote engine power in DIN figures, not SAE anymore. The sticker spared them an updated edition for a complete manual for the few last cars.
    Rgds

bertrand328, pshoejberg and 48969 like this.