Red Bull F1 | Page 27 | FerrariChat

Red Bull F1

Discussion in 'F1' started by NEP, Apr 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

They have a habit and like to play the image of them against the world.

They are punks. Newey as noted in the article looked utterly silly complaining about all the attention and politics surrounding them now as real challengers. As if that is new tactics lol. He was asleep with Vettel I guess. Sad.

william likes this.
  2. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    But RB play the "game of face" so poorly that the whole world turns against them, not for reasons of fact, but because of HOW they play the game.

surfwolf and william like this.
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    And Mercedes since 2014 claiming they're not the benchmark, what do we call that then? There's looking silly and...well whatever Mercedes is.

classic308 likes this.
  4. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

We should be grateful, at least RB keeps things mildly interesting with a slight scrap towards the MB gorilla.
    No other team is being scrappy.

F2003-GA likes this.
  5. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Perez stays for 2022

pilotoCS and classic308 like this.
  6. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    and he didn’t even have to crash into a MB!

stavura, LVP488, F2003-GA and 2 others like this.
  7. DF1

Proof they have a failed driver program overall. Not willing to risk another young driver. Smart move keeping Perez.

Please keep saying all the garbage about Mercedes and crashing. Even Horner as silly as he is admitted quickly Bottas did nothing wrong in Hungary at all. An accident. If accidents are tough for you to see try womens figure skating LOL. The literal racing incident at Silverstone was not such an earth shattering event. We have a good season going. Since the top 4 are close it makes sense CRASHES up front will involve them.

william likes this.
  8. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It was clearly a joke.

Funny you say the red bull programme is a failure as I'm pretty sure it's the most successful one around.

RBR ran into an issue when neither of their 2 drivers in the STR where able to handle the RBR nasty characteristics. Gasly has won many titles pre F1, Albon was ''the man'' that everyone wanted to beat in karting, and even not driving for the best teams did very well in junior categories. Only so many drivers you can have in the YDA, and even fewer you can evaluate into the F1 team.

If we look at how other well established F1 drivers are handling moves between teams, it's not so easily clear cut as you make it out to be. Red Bull couldn't take the gamble with the 2 drivers they had, their only real option was to look outside their program for the time being and found that option in Perez. He was unlikely to be a worse option. Red Bull was never going to take any other of their young drivers with zero F1 experience and plonk him in the Red Bull. They where out of options clear and simple.

But you never miss an opportunity to **** on Red Bull so there's that.

Adrian Thompson likes this.
  9. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Didn't know you were RB spokeman.

Well done ! :p

10. TopspeedPT

TopspeedPT Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2012
    Portugal
  11. Adrian Thompson

Adrian Thompson Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Beverly Hills, Mi
    Full Name:
    Adrian Thompson
    Vettle, Sainz, Danny Ric, MadMax?? yet the program is a failure? Show me a better, more consistent driver development program in F1 history. Minardi have been their final step for many years now and it's a brutal proving ground. Lot's of very talented drivers have made it that far and still been spat out. I think drivers like Jean-Eric Vergne and Seb Buemi were both outstanding drivers who were more than worthy of longer stays. So now after over a decade of two full time F1 programs that has generated four world drivers championships, five F1 race winners and several more podium drivers I don't see how this can be anything other than a roaring success. So we're now at a point where their two junior drivers are solid midfield drivers who, at least with Gasly have a strong future ahead of them but may not be quite ready for a front row seat, is somehow seen as a failure of a program boggles the mind.

I'm not a RB fan, either of their sugary caffeinated product nor the likes of Helmut, Horner and co, but damn are they successful at running teams and finding and growing talent. Note I said finding and growing, not nurturing. It's a brutal program that finds the best and forces them to sink or swim. But you can't argue the results. And if that means after all this time they for once don't have anyone ready for the big seat, even after giving people a shot at it, and for once they need to look outside for a year or two, that shows the strength of the program, not a failure.

EDIT. I jumped into a reply before reading down. Now reading other replies I see Bas said it far better than me.

Bas likes this.
  12. DF1

13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Max is not talking about drivers making an error and crashing their own car (a team issue). He's talking about other taking out an innocent party.

Whilst I don't agree with the notion, I do agree that it's an area has to be looked at in regards to budget cap. IMO an exclusion should be made where a driver is taken out by another in regards to cost to repair of the car (when there is zero fault by the so called victim). Though for engine damage, I don't think there's too much that can be done. Both Max and Perez have suffered cracked engines, both where quite new engines, but I struggle to see how something can be done in regards to extra grid penalties that are very likely to incur. Though Max will be affected by that later in the season, I can't see for a fix there without either gaining a lasting advantage (though arguably that's offset by being crashed out) or a reduced penalty system that'll make F1 even harder to follow than it is.

14. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Like Max tried to do as he shut the door in Britain ??

william likes this.
  15. DF1

His door use in Baku on Ricci. Daniel publicly warned the team what was going to happen and it did. Max the idiot there. Rules altered because Max would openly move under braking. What a skill.

Much like Seb and Mark. Seb and Max were the chosen angels of RedBull. Sad.

16. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    #666 jgonzalesm6, Aug 31, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
    Max was having ERS issues at Baku way before both Max and Ricci wrecked on the long straight.

Horner gave no team orders to let Ricci by and the inevitable happened. Horner was at fault.

17. DF1

Max moved over and Horner was warned. Takes 2 and they were both at fault.

Ricci left for good reason. Cant be in a team run by Horner, Mako and a hovering Stage Father drama queen.

spider_s and william like this.
  18. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Done to death now. Lewis got punished because he was at fault.
    A 4 year old crash, well before there was a budget cap. Talk about missing the point ****ing hell.

19. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Lewis was closer to 55% at fault with max being at 45%
    Lewis was not 100% at fault.

william likes this.
  20. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Like I said, done to death. But nowhere near those percentages you say.

Lewis was nowhere near the apex, Max gave room and compensated to give even more room after he saw that Lewis didn't make the apex, Lewis also didn't even make the exit of the corner and was completely off track.

21. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Lewis gets the win, and Max gets zero. Justice has been served.

william and Hocakes like this.
  22. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    375+ likes this.
  23. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Lewis was closer to 57% at fault with max being at 43%

Is that better ???

What IS clear is that Max should have seen Lewis' front left wheel in his vision, and done something other than trying to close the door.

william likes this.
  24. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The door was not closed. Max gave more than a cars' width. Lewis needed more than that, ergo, Lewis' fault.

25. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    :rolleyes: