Red Bull F1 | Page 45 | FerrariChat

Red Bull F1

Discussion in 'F1' started by NEP, Apr 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales

NürScud, Bas and william like this.
  2. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales

3. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales

4. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    I was waiting for mclaren to add something about the budget cap

werewolf likes this.
  5. NunoRosso

NunoRosso Karting

Dec 10, 2007
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Besides his top-notch business acumen, his passion for all sports propelled dozens of young persons to the main stages, be it in Formula 1 (from Berger to Verstappen) or in any other extreme/niche sports. He also created a foundation to study and try to find the cure to spinal cord injuries (Wings for Life foundation).

May he rest in peace. Wherever he may be, I'm sure he's happy with the legacy he left behind.

Bas, Terra, jgonzalesm6 and 2 others like this.
  6. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Let’s not forget he saved one of the most beautiful racing venues, one that would qualify as a legacy track, I think.

7. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Dieter Mateschizt also involved Red Bull in many different sports: GT3, DTM, rallying, Moto3, Moto2, MotoGP, enduro, Dakar Rally, air racing, motorboat racing, etc ... His footprint in sports in general is enormous.

jpalmito, gh0st0, NunoRosso and 3 others like this.
  8. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    #1108 Jack-the-lad, Oct 22, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
    I wonder how much of that will survive his death. I fear that he has heirs who might inherit the businesses but don’t share his passions.

Isobel and william like this.
  9. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

That's what I am afraid. I don't know if he had heirs or family interested in pursuing his interest in sports.

I think there is a big question mark about the survival of RB and AT in F1, and other motorsport activities Mateschitz used to support.

Isobel and Jack-the-lad like this.
  10. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    They(heirs) might move RedBull to an all electric theme with "being green" as the new motive for RedBull......unfortunately.

11. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    On a somber note, the heirs may also not want to be involved in any sort of sponsorship ...

jpalmito and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  12. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    ugh….

Who knows? He may have set up some sort of vehicle…a trust or foundation…to fund his passions.

Bas and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  13. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Very well said.

NunoRosso likes this.
  14. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Very sad..

R.I.P

NunoRosso, jgonzalesm6 and Bas like this.
  15. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    NunoRosso and Bas like this.
  16. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    What a looker that was. Truly beautiful car. The relative lack of excess sponsorships is great to see as well.

375+, NunoRosso and NürScud like this.
  17. NunoRosso

NunoRosso Karting

Dec 10, 2007
    Portugal
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    There's a 29 year-old son which I assume is his sole heir. Just like his father he's somewhat media-shy but he shares the same passion for sports (there are photos of him attending football matches and pre-season testing in Barcelona). He's also involved in the real-estate part of the RB empire, managing a couple of beautiful century-old properties/inns scattered through the Austrian Alps.

The Thai side of the business is pretty much what I would call "laissez-faire" - they're just happy to get along and don't get too much involved.

While there's no doubt Didi was the main driving force behind Red Bull, I believe the company was left in good hands.

18. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Emotional podium.
    Really hope Mateschitz is somewhere seeing his team succeeding today.
    Well deserved.

Bas, william and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  19. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Yes, that win today was the best tribute to Mateschitz, the man who inspired the team.

I feel a chapter has been closed today.

Just like the death of Colin Chapman or the passing of Enzo Ferrari were turning points in F1.

Soon, the FIA will dish out penalties to Red Bull, that probably will handicap further progress.

Isobel, 375+, Nuvolari and 3 others like this.
  20. Mosin

Mosin Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Tom

21. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

It could 'incrementally' slow them but they are beyond strong. I dont sense a genuine weakness that will be affected deeply with any penalty out of the finance issue. Probably the best all round F1 car in the last 2 or 3 years. Mercedes had some as well. The car is literally almost perfect matched to Max. Respectable as well with Checo. To gain an advantage to maintain a lead for Ferrari or Mercedes will be a very large endeavor for either team to beat RedBull next year.

william likes this.
  22. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Good Lord, putting Mateschitz in the same sentence with Chapman and Ferrari is waay oberblown. Mateschitz signed checks: if the team keeps winning, those checks will keep coming, if not, the team will be for sale. I don´t think that would be a lot different with Mateschiz around, maybe he would have more patience but F1 was not his life.

23. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Did you notice that I DIDN'T put Mateschitz, Chapman and Ferrari in the same sentence ? :D

Without Mateschitz there would have been no Red Bull Racing, no more than Team Lotus without Chapman or Scuderia Ferrari without Enzo Ferrari. Dieter Mateschitz did more than sign cheques, he promoted many different sports too.

24. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Even putting them in the same paragraph, the same page, the same universe is WRONG.

Chapman and Ferrari were racers who built their teams from the ground and led them through decades. Mateschitz sold beverages and bought a F1 team for promotional reasons and, maybe, because he liked races. Also let´s not compare the historical relevance of Red Bull with the others, no matter how much Red Bull is winning right now.

Enough said.

25. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    It's your opinion.

Boomhauer and Isobel like this.