Red Cross on Dash and mileage 55555 | FerrariChat

Red Cross on Dash and mileage 55555

Discussion in '360/430' started by MarcoB, Apr 21, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MarcoB

MarcoB Rookie

Dec 30, 2017
    Full Name:
    Mark B
    Hi all

This Red Cross has come up on the dash while in the garage having work done on it, apparently it’s connected to F1 gearbox but it’s a manual!

Any ideas?

M
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Sounds like the garage has a problem to fix,almost definitely something they did. Is this a Ferrari shop?

3. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Hmmm sounds to me like they let the battery run down then botch attempted to jump start the car... Which a spike in voltages can make the dashboard eeprom loose its settings and volia... Screwed.

Hope your engine ecus don't fail now too as a jump start of battery on 360 is well known to damage their internal voltage regulation circuits too so could seriously reduce their lifespan..

I'd be having words with them about exactly what they did.. This just doesn't happen on its own...

You'll need access to an SD2 to reconfigure settings on dash eeprom now.

4. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Ughhh...that sucks. I have a spare perfectly good gauge cluster I've used some parts from, I've considered selling it off but seeing posts like this make me not want to.