Red Manual 612.......$299K | FerrariChat

Red Manual 612.......$299K

Discussion in '612/599' started by nikojo, Sep 30, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nikojo

nikojo Karting

Apr 18, 2008
    Midwest
  2. brogenville

brogenville Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 24, 2012
    UK
    Full Name:
    Robin
    That’s a punchy number. Does look very clean though.

Agree as well that rosso isn’t the best colour on a 612. Pretty rare though if that’s your thing.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Built in CY 2004, she has the Chinetti 50 year emblem on the dash.

456-boy likes this.
  4. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I agree red isn't the best color for this car, but it is still damn beautiful.

Not sure it's worth that money though.

5. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    If you don’t like the price now you definitely won’t like it in five years.

Just sayin’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Im going to assume it’s a consignment hence the high number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    I actually like the car in red and I like the fact that there are not many red ones out there (it took me 2 years to find mine). The lines of the 612 are very subtle so black and grey cars tend to get lost in the herd. Here is mine, it never gets lost. On the other hand I certainly wouldn’t want a manual since mine currently costs about $200K less and IMHO, with the F1, it is a much better daily driver. To each his own.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Sorvino123

Sorvino123 Rookie

Dec 18, 2015
    brooklyn ny
    Full Name:
    peter sorvino
    I have a 2006 red 612 maybe I'm a little biased but I love the car in red. I've had it for a few years now, it is basically stored in a heated garage. My question is do you think this model will go up in value.

9. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Peter I think the color red is very subjective. I think some people like a lot (you and I) and others would rather have something a little more subtle. So whether red will get a premium price depends on the buyer. I certainly would have paid more for it than say black.

Overall will 612 prices go up? I think that’s a matter of some debate. I think that they are probably near bottom now but in terms of going up, I think it’s likely to be a long time. I certainly wouldn’t be saving the car for any future appreciation possibility. But just my two cents and gut instincts.

10. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I disagree. The buyers who are interested in manual transmissions are dying off. Most, not all, people born after the 1960's (maybe 70's) have no idea how to drive a manual and have no interest in learning how. IMO the demand for manuals in these cars will decline. Not to say that they won't sell at a small premium over F1, but if I had a manual to sell, I'd sell sooner rather than later.

11. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    I agree with Paul. There are a few diehards that are into manuals but (1) not all of us old folks are, and (2) certainly the 1970s and later as a group are not. So the numbers who want manuals will certainly decline and the numbers that want F1s and other forms of automatics will certainly go up.

For me, having been born in the early 50s and having driven every form of manual there is, the F1 is the perfect mixture of manual and automatic. I always drive it in manual mode and I definitely enjoy going up and down through the gears with the paddle shifters. However, I absolutely do not miss the clutch or shifting the stick (or if you go back far enough, double clutching and the three on the tree).

Nospinzone likes this.