Redskins Rides | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Redskins Rides

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by bobby355, Aug 3, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scuderia NoVA

Scuderia NoVA Formula Junior
    Owner

Nov 25, 2004
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    #76 Scuderia NoVA, Aug 21, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
    As an aside, Summers used to be a Lums back in the day. When I was a kid I remember driving over there straight from the airport. It was the only place open and the first meal I had in my new Home Town was at that Lums. FOB (Fresh Off the Boeing :p) nostalgia aside, I'm just not feeling the venue's vibe, esp. in it's Summers iteration.

I wish we had more options...Looks like I'll be watching from home. :(

2. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
    #77 Neonzapper, Aug 21, 2009
    *gulp* Jung - I dunno...help me here, because I love F1 and want to go. Do you really park your "FERRARI THAT WAS ORIGINALLY OWNED BY EVANDER HOLYFIELD" in that "public" parking lot where you can't see it for a couple of hours or more??? This must be a very safe and trustworthy area.

Scuderia - "LUMS" (LOL...I forgot about Lums)

4ARI - Lots of people love Mondials (myself included)! But, I wasn't accepted. Have fun!

3. junglistluder

junglistluder F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2007
    VA
    Full Name:
    Brendan
    i've parked my lotus there plenty. i only drove the ferrari once, and parked it directly infront of Summers on the street. No other cars around since it was 8am on a Sunday and no soccer match that day either. Just a couple F1 guys and a million TVs showing the race. i go there to watch the race maybe once every 3 or 4 races, otherwise i'm watching from my family room or basement. Guys, this area of Arlington is a literal ghost town on Sundays at 8am.

4. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
    I know Arlington is a very safe place (never on the bad news radar), so I'm seriously thinking about it. Anyone else?

5. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    #80 Monteman, Aug 21, 2009
    I think I agree with Brendan that it's going to be deserted on a Sunday morning and willing to bet we can park right in front. Trust me, any rowdies aren't going to be awake that early and we'll be long gone before they make it into the bar. It may have been a Lum's once before but that was a long time ago in a land far away. Let's give it a chance.

I'm bringing one of my Denver buddies who's in town visiting and a total car guy. Cmon Anthony and bring Richard with you. Jerry, you're a huge F1 fan. Arjun, you in? Anyone else want to give it a try? You never know we might have a new place to watch our F1 races and start a new trend. Worst case, it doesn't work out and we try to find a new home for the F1 breakfast club.

I called tonight and they're opening at 7:30 and will have Speed Channel ready for us.

6. ferraritime

ferraritime Karting

Aug 22, 2007
    Washington DC Area
    Full Name:
    Jerry H.
    Monte, All,

I'm in for Sunday morning. Where shall we meet for the short drive?

Jerry

7. redtrman

redtrman Formula 3
    BANNED

May 16, 2008
    VA - Heart in Pitt
    Full Name:
    Jason Bourne
    Depends on the weather, otherwise, I am watching in MD and heading over to the donut afterwards.

8. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
    I'm coming down 270 to the beltway, so if anyone wants to caravan, pm me where you want to meet. Otherwise, I'll just meet you guys there.

9. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
    Guys, if it's still raining like it has been all day, I'm not going out for anything tomorrow.

10. ferraritime

ferraritime Karting

Aug 22, 2007
    Washington DC Area
    Full Name:
    Jerry H.
    F1 Viewing/drive. . .same as Neonzapper. If the frickin' weather keeps up, I'm out.

Here's hoping for sunny weather! Sheesh - rain during the work week for Pete's sake!

11. Arjun

Arjun Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2006
    If weather.com is to be believed, its actually going to rain till after the race tomorrow. If that's the case, I'd be up for a mid-day run (anywhere) just to stretch the car's legs. Shoot me a PM and I'll send you my phone number if any of you are interested.

12. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    #87 Monteman, Aug 22, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
    I'm going to be up anyway. If there is sun I'll be there if rain then I'll watch at home

13. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    Just checked the weather radar and it looks like the storm is clearing the area. Maybe we'll get lucky. If it's sunny in the AM I'll be there.

14. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    Weather looks clear.

15. junglistluder

junglistluder F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2007
    VA
    Full Name:
    Brendan
    heading over.

16. kvisser

kvisser Formula 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Damascus, MD
    Full Name:
    Ken Visser
    Looks nice out. I'm headed out to the donut.

cheerz

ken

17. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    #92 toggie, Aug 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I went to the Redskins Rides event today just to take a few pics.
    Lots of interesting cars. A handful of them were Ferraris.
    It was well attended.

Note that the public parking was on the grass side fields. Which were still a little muddy from yesterdays rain storms. I'm glad I took my daily driver and not my Ferrrari (as a public attendee).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. Scuderia NoVA

Scuderia NoVA Formula Junior
    Owner

Nov 25, 2004
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Anthony

Sorry I didn't see this until just now. How was the venue? Valencia pretty much opened up the WDC and could give us another nail-biter at the last race of the season.

19. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)