News

References for Italia Motorsport Mexico

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by 19633500GT, Oct 20, 2016.

1. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Ken S
    Good morning, interested in knowing if anyone has any information on this restoration shop in Mexico?

Home

The owner, Hans Ojeda seems very knowledgable and friendly, and has a few parts I'm interested in, but I can't seem to find a location (my Spanish is very poor) and I'm hesitant to send money to Mexico without knowing a bit more about the shop.

Does anyone have a good or bad experience? Knowledge of this place? Location?

Thank you!

Ken in Connecticut

2. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Ken S
    Does anyone else have anything to add? Anyone used this shop for parts or restoration?

3. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Ken S
    Again. Any help greatly appreciated. Against my better judgement I bought a part from this shop, and now it's been two weeks since they made contact.

They have my money and I have no tracking info or even contact...

4. fluque

fluque Formula 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Above 2240m
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    I'm Mexico City. Don't know the shop but if you give me details I can call them up and see what's going on.

5. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Ken S
    Hi Fernando. That is very gracious of you.

The number I had (from their Facebook page in above link, post #2) only beeps then goes to a voicemail. I haven't successfully had anyone pick up

We had email contact about every other day etc until two weeks ago...nothing. I looked at his address on Google maps, but can't tell if it's a shop or not, I don't see a sign. If you're close, maybe you could swing past and see possibly?

Cjon. San Antonio Abad #90 Col. Tránsito
    PostCode: 6820 Mexico City.

This was the address I had for his shop , from our paperwork for payment

6. fluque

fluque Formula 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Above 2240m
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    #7 fluque, Dec 24, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    Sorry Ken, I had not come back to this thread. Couldn't find a phone number on the link.

The address doesn't match either in google maps.

PM me if there is any way I can help.

7. LEVMotorsMX

LEVMotorsMX Rookie

Nov 7, 2017
    Mexico City
    Full Name:
    LAURO ENRIQUE VAZQUEZ MARTINEZ
    Dear Ken,

I am Lauro Enrique (Enrique = Henry in English).

I am based in Mexico City. What happened with this matter?
    It is bad for all when a business deal goes sour. And bad for locals, when a local business does wrong to customers.

If you need any further local assistance, I could gladly aid.

8. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Ken S

Good evening Lauro Enrique,

I bought a gearbox from this "business", but it appears it was a shell, and likely didn't even exist.

The "owner" was quite suave in his responses and congenial even. But, I made a mistake and wired $4,200 to him, which was to cover the cost of the gearbox and shipping to my friends shop in CA.

It wasn't too long after that it was quickly evident it was a sham...Lazy responses, excuses, then finally nothing. One promise to pay me back in full after I threatened and eventually did report it to the FBI, but they won't chase small cash like this.

So, thats what happened.

Best

Ken

9. tuner63

tuner63 Rookie

Jul 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Tobias Wolf

Ken,

I am Tobias from Germany. I wanted to ask, if you had success in getting your money back?
    It appears that the same happened to me. There was a ZF gearbox advertized in hemmings.com, which I wanted to use for an Iso Grifo. Same price, same seller's name (but different address), friendly emails, but no shipping. So I would greatly appreciate, if there is something you can help me with to get the money back.

Thanks,
    Tobias

10. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Ken S
    Hi Tobias. No. I did not get my money back. I reported it to the FBI and nothing happened. It’s not enough money for them to care, sadly. There’s another gentleman on here who lost $13K+ USD from this same piece of **** person.

Send me a PM and let’s discuss it a bit more. I’d like to know what email he used (he has many) and his location etc (still mex city?)

Sorry this happened to you. Goes to show you what ******* scumbags exist out there. This dude deserves to fry

I’m assuming this is him

Image Unavailable, Please Login