Reflash ECU to upgrade the thrill factor | FerrariChat

Reflash ECU to upgrade the thrill factor

Discussion in '612/599' started by afwrench, Mar 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. afwrench

afwrench Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Not that anyone needs it but has anybody out there done one of the advertised ECU upgrades? Pros and Cons. Mike PS talking about a 599

2. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    I did it on my 612 a couple of years ago. Not that much difference. Not worth the money IMHO.

3. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    I would not bother with a tune. If you look at all the tuner claims they collectively only have around a 5% increase. For me this is not worth any problem down the track with reliability. The factory knows what it is doing and I would not insult them getting a tune. They did not go that extra 5% for a reason. One worthwhile upgrade is to delete the secondary cats and fit fabspeed straight pipes, you get a power increase and of course a much more aural exhaust note.

4. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

How much more power do want? I feel like when I really put the power down on the 599, I can barely control the car!

5. afwrench

afwrench Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hi George, obviously no one needs more power than what we have.Just curios if anyone had done so.I did notice a bump in feel when I installed the cat delete pipes and high flow air filters.I noticed you asked about shift paddles on another thread.I put a pair on my car from Carbonio and like them a lot .They were an easy install and they gave me a nice F chat discount making them about half of the price talked about on the other thread. All the best,Mike

6. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Fabspeed has a kit: straight pipes (secondary cat delete),different air filters, and an ECU re-flash. It's kind of expensive. The straight pipes alone will give you more thrill and better value.

7. afwrench

afwrench Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes, it is the Fabspeed combo of pipes and filters I put on my car, no ECU reflash for me. Very happy with the results.Mike

George Vosburgh likes this.
  8. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Just remember those are actually the primary cats you are getting rid of. That secondary cat bypass line is just marketing lingo to make you think you are not affecting much. The cats in the headers are pre-cats.