Reliability- What issues have you faced? | FerrariChat

Reliability- What issues have you faced?

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by Booker, Feb 27, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    So after reviewing the video below I learned that the owner of this 12C had a lot of issues, how have those of you that own the same model faired in terms of reliability? Have you had similar experiences?

https://mclarenchat.com/forum/news/1078

2. jmbarba76

jmbarba76 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 12, 2009
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Joe B
    So far my Iris 1 Nav is stuck in one location. Other than that its pretty damn reliable. Not sure what all the fear is about. I heard horror stories as well but so far so good. (Knock on wood). Maybe its because I drive mine fairly often (weather permitting) and also maintain it.

Booker likes this.
  3. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Just had my 2020 600LT in for its yearly service. Found that the water pump was leaking/broken. Had to be replaced.

4. legendrx7

legendrx7 Rookie

Dec 13, 2017
    Full Name:
    chuck l duncan
    I’ve had mine for 2 years come December. I’ve put 3k reliable miles on it, 13k on the car now. Zero trips to a dealer. Did exhaust upgrades and found that the stock cats were not looking good, I was upgrading anyway so that didn’t matter to me. Did a fluid change for engine oil and transmission fluids and found that my water pump has a slight leak, will replace in the future but no rush. My passenger seat occupancy light was on for several months but has now been off for several months with no repair made. No issues other than those. I find the car to be very reliable so far.

I had DynoSpectrum tune the ECU and it put down 650whp, it’s a complete blast to drive!

Booker likes this.
  5. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    WOW!

6. Jack Syage

Jack Syage Rookie

Jul 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jack Albert Syage
    2013 12C spyder. Very reliable so far. Had for 3 years and 10,000 miles, now up to 18,000. Only issue was a hose on a turbo connection broke because of flimsy hose clamp. Doesn't disable car, just significantly reduces horses. Fixed. But then it happened again on the other side while I was tracking it. So again drove to the dealer and he fixed on the spot, but lost most of the track day. Frequently get tuner initialization error that resets after a couple of starts. Did have a water pump issue that caused overtemp and put engine in limp mode, but could move from A to B slowly with many stops to cool things down.

7. Ridgeback

Ridgeback Rookie

Nov 19, 2012
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Thorney Motorsports in England say that the very first thing they to to 12cs or 650s is to change the 17 hose clamps for race spec ones. To use John's words, "The ones McLaren use are cheap ****!" You can find many videos from them on UTube.

8. sbroetsky@aol.com

May 10, 2008
    Had 27,000 miles, when I sold my 12C. No problems. Have 12,000 miles on my 720S, no problems.
    The secret.....drive 'em! My SL-63, 85,000, my GT3, 40,000. My exotics is the past, all bought used
    with some miles, good results. A 8 yr old Ferrari with 8,000 miles, problems all the time!