Relocating to Fla. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Relocating to Fla.

Discussion in 'Florida' started by captglen, Apr 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. schao

schao Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    S Chao
    Agree there are no good driving roads in South Florida (at least I haven't found any). But there are four tracks within at most a three hours drive from Palm Beach County: Sebring and Daytona are world class, and Homestead-Miami and Palm Beach International Raceway have their own charms and challenges. If interested, I can point to the many organizations who host track events throughout the year for you to exercise your car and driving skills in a safe and enjoyable environment. PBIR also has Sunoco 100 octane unleaded fuel available from the pump, saving you from ordering separate 5-gallon cans if you want to treat your car's engine.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Also be careful of elderly folk who think their reflexes and judgment are still as good as they used to be. They tend to make turns in front of oncoming traffic because they misjudge the speed or distance of that traffic.

3. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    100% agree , but to blame Latin people who gave us the flavor and the heartbeat of south Florida,and who have more Ferrari
    than most in there DNA is a stretch,in my total none political opinion

4. BoulderFCar

BoulderFCar F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Asheville, NC/Ft Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Stack rank of bad SoFla drivers-

1. Soccer Mom's.
    2. Whack 25-35yo ricers going MUCH faster on I95 than their zero skill level.
    3. The hoards of business men, wive, bimbos and dopes texting.
    4. Trucks with open loads.
    5. Elderly. Easy to avoid them.
    6. Most millennials. They generally don't drink and drive and aren't into show off antics. More into ride sharing.

5. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    = the whole of USA.

BoulderFCar likes this.
  6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Having a Ferrari doesn’t mean one knows how to drive though.
    Coming from a latin background I can confirm than many drivers have a tedancy to enjoy honking a lot and speeding. Drivers in Miami are intense& I think the heat doesn’t help nor do those stupid bridges in Brickell;)
    For driving in pretty much every state in the US I think Florida has some of the fastest, most dangerous drivers. Not a day I don’t see a nasty crash on the 95 going to work, no one respects the speed limit and the cops are very lenient.
    Of course the Latins are the heart and souls of Florida and they are the very reason I love Florida and I have a latin wife with 2 beautiful kids;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. BoulderFCar

BoulderFCar F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2004
    Asheville, NC/Ft Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom
    So true!
    I commuted from FTL to Doral on the Southside of MIA for a while. I saw a major crash almost everyday.

8. italia16

italia16 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 28, 2004
    Agree with that -- the fast, dangerous drivers on I-95. Moved from CA to FL and my insurance rates went up. I-95 is only 3 lanes in many places and the 25-35 yr old racers pass on the left, right, and even far right using the on-ramp merge lanes, if there is room to make it. I like to concentrate on what is in front of me rather than what is coming up on me from the rear at high speed.

9. craterface

craterface Formula Junior

Apr 14, 2011
    Sanibel Island, FL
    On the west coast, the worst drivers are scrawny guys in diesel F-250s with a lift kit and big tires. Three ton machines that are top heavy, stop poorly, handle poorly, etc, should not be driven 90mph on I-75. These guys also love to tailgate. So obnoxious and incredibly dangerous.

10. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    hi Guys and Gals
    Wife and i are down in Fla. looking for homes. We plan on being in Wellington Area. probably Versaille development or Close to there. Any members or Car meets that are close by ??
    I know absolutely no one and would like to make some friends. We have not put in an offer until our house up north has an offer.
    Went to City Place last night for a good dinner at Brio.
    Thanks for everyones help and opinions.
    Regards
    Glenn

Sent from my SM-G965U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. Dbacr

Dbacr Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 1, 2015
    Ft lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Tomorrow there is a charity event a Smokey Bones BBQ
    10260 Forest Hill Blvd
    Wellington, Florida
    11-4 pm
    Exotic Car Society is rallying there. Many many exotic cars and a good cause.
    I can’t make it. You may like to swing by.
    Dan

12. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
  13. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Make sure to do your due diligence in Wellington. I’ve been looking there also and was surprised to find section 8 housing in some developments I would have never thought possible.

14. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    HotShoe likes this.