Reminder: F1 Decade tonight: Death of Senna | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Reminder: F1 Decade tonight: Death of Senna

Discussion in 'F1' started by Schatten, Apr 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    #26 Schatten, Apr 5, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    great article(s) on the history of Senna: http://www.f1rogues.com/index.php?pOption=articleview&pArticleId=44

Still digging through archives of magazines and books - there's one article that I would really love to scan and post up, but I cannot find it at the moment. It's the full story of his first test drive in an F1 car. If you haven't read it before... you are in for a treat (so long as I can find it!).

3. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    I've been trying to get my hands on that Senna Principle of Race Car Driving book for years. Amazon had it for sale used at over $100. I knew I should have got it years ago when it was no where near that much.

About that Senna driving to win every race line. Sure Kimi comes off that way, but look at MS. It sounded as if no other current F1 drivers want to win every race. Schumi looks to win every race, and most of the time he does. It seems like Kimi is looking to finish a race at this point in the season.

4. pozzi

pozzi Formula Junior
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 28, 2004
    Brasil
    Full Name:
    Fabio Pozzi
    As a Brazilian, I only have to thank you all, for keeping alive around the world the memory of a great driver and person... !!!!!!!!!!

Thank guys !!!!!

I was 18 when he died, and had my first drivers lisence exan the next monday, and i passed !!!

5. pozzi

pozzi Formula Junior
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 28, 2004
    Brasil
    Full Name:
    Fabio Pozzi
  6. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    I skipped a whole week of grad school because I was so upset. I remember seeing the shots on the BBC of the millions of people in Brazil lining up in the streets to walk behind the car carrying Senna's body.

As I have stated many times here, I absolutely hated McLaren during the 80's but Senna's speed mesmerized me. I was especiually astounded at how he totally demoralized poor Prost from the outset.

Senna always had that cold calculating "icy" stare in the cockpit before he went out to qualify. It was like he couldn't see anything around him except the track. I remember at Monoco he was waiting to go out and a mechanic approached his car and Ron Dennis angrily waived the mechanic away so he didn't bother Senna who was in a trance like state.

I named my son after Ayrton (middle name) last June when he was born.

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    www.flatoutracing.net

7. mozi

mozi Rookie

Jan 24, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Hey Randy, thanks for the link to the article, I thouroughly enjoyed it. Do you know where the rest of it is? Or did they stop writing after part 5? I searched around the site, but no luck, now I'm left hanging halfway through reading about Senna...

8. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    The definitive and most well written book on Senna just came out, called "The Life of Senna" by Tom Rubython. It is available in hardback only through www.grandprix.legends. I highly recommend it, the book the Death of Senna by Richard Williams is excellent also.