Removal of center console for 365Gt 2+2 | FerrariChat

Removal of center console for 365Gt 2+2

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Choptop400, Feb 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Choptop400

Choptop400 Karting

Oct 10, 2014
    Huntington, NY
    Full Name:
    Frank L Caponi
    I am hoping that there has been a prior post with some helpful hints. I search Fchat, all post where on 355 and 308's. If not, any suggestions on the best way to accomplish removal and reinstallation as well as while you are in there would be helpful. I have removed the interior (rear seats, driver seat and passenger seats as well as all the carpets) for cleaning and re-dying the leather. Only the door cards left to finish. I am also in the process of modernizing the heat and soundproofing with all the latest automotive products to keep the cabin cool and installing a recondition Becker Mexico with all the latest bells and whistles (Bluetooth) along with rewiring and installing speakers (my F car had a radio with no speakers installed, go figure why I could not hear the radio! lol).

So to replace the radio and install with amplifier (located elsewhere in the Ferrari) the center console has to be removed. Helpful hints and experiences welcomed.

FYI I am including a picture of my handy work on the leather seats for anyone tempted to try an recondition their leather. I used Leatherique products only ( http://leatherique.com/ )

I had zero experience working with leather but follow the direction exactly as supplied. The results are outstanding, 10% my hard work and 90% great products. The pictures show well, but the leather in person is outstandingly beautiful and supple now.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

samsaprunoff, Il Tifoso and Schumi like this.
  2. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
  3. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    #3 raemin, Feb 14, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    I am collecting all the details here for the record.

Here is what the dashboard looks like when naked:

Instructions from the previously mentioned thread:

[​IMG]

"Triangular end-plates" are highlighted in yellow in my photo
    "the last stage is to undo(...)" : these are highligted in green

The green/blue bolt has to be removed from the engine bay: there is a piece of rubber that hides the bolt (in the bay). Cannot find anymore the picture, but this was discussed before on this forum.

For the green/purple nuts here is how to remove them (once the triangular plates are removed)

The gauges are held by a metalic frame which is bolted on the dashboard (green/orange bolts)

Il Tifoso likes this.
  4. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    DO NOT FORGET TO DISCONNECT THE BATTERY !!! Even if your car is fitted with a master switch, this switch is located after the ammeter, so the beefy yellow cable (next to the air duct, these are covered with orange tape on my photo) will be live no matter what. These wires do have naked connector and no fuse...

Ak Jim and Il Tifoso like this.
  5. Choptop400

Choptop400 Karting

Oct 10, 2014
    Huntington, NY
    Full Name:
    Frank L Caponi
    Raemin;

Thanks again for all your support and sharing your Ferrari experiences with Fchat. I wonder how many unobtainium parts have been save by your sharing you knowledge and experiences, priceless!

Ak Jim and samsaprunoff like this.
  6. D365

D365 Rookie

Feb 9, 2021
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Dennis Dordevic
    You guys are all AMAZING - THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH for the insight and pics!!! (Thank you Sam and Raemin).
    This is the state of the car currently and I'll need to sort something out re: the RHD dash.
    Best regards
    Dennis
    Australia

Attached Files: