Removing 430 Capristo Exhaust Brackets | FerrariChat

Removing 430 Capristo Exhaust Brackets

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, Aug 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    So I've had these on for about 4 years but I'm tired of adjusting them as they rattle and the nuts rotate off unless you use the never to be removed copper locking nuts, so I'm going back to OEM mounts, have Capristo headers anyway

2. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I don't rate Capristo mounts. They solve one problem but create others.

dvb247 likes this.
  3. craigburton

craigburton Karting

Aug 27, 2016
    Interesting... what other issues do they create? I’ve had mine on for a few years and so far I have had zero issue with them..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    They add a load of vibration into the chassis. If you get out of an F430 with them fitted and into one that doesn't, you feel the difference.
    They lead to premature failure of the rear lights - cracking.

5. dvb247

dvb247 Karting

Nov 4, 2012
    I've been told many times that they may alleviate horizontal expansion but have zero effect on horizontal, ie engine movement and vibration, I didn't buy because the technical people on the forums explained why they are floored.

6. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    If you go back to stock only fit the upper "bowspring" mount. Don't re-fit the lower brackets. They are not needed and they prevent the system expanding and contracting with the heat. Which is the prime reason for 430 header failure. The 360 does not have lower mounts and the 360 stock exhaust is huge (heavy) compared to the 430's.

LorenzoR, Bob in Texas and mwstewart like this.
  7. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    yep indeed fully agreed RedTaxi my lower side mounting brackets are not going back on, I also think at low RPMs I loose some of the "hardness" of the exhaust sound having no pre cats in my Capristo headers. High RPM it sounds fab like a motorbike with an aftermarket can but an low RPMs its all a bit messy when it shouldn't be (I have a valved fuchs x pipe too). Whereas my SCUD (Capristo Headers / 100 Cell Kline Inconel Cats) sounds brutal throughout

Keith Ngulube likes this.
  8. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    In fact I'm surprized it took me so long to remove them

9. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005

10. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
  11. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Order yourself some Aero nuts, these are the all metel version of the nylock nut

12. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I fitted a ferrari sport exhaust (made by Tubi). Different brackets. What I think Should have been standard. No issues so far with brackets, no white powder, sounds better. Old system was annoying. Had multiple issues with brackets and continually cleaning powder out of engine bay.

13. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    Mike thks, Aero nuts dont seem to deform like the copper ones and can be easily removed (without a grinder) However the amount of normal nuts Ive lost just show how much vibration goes through the capristo exhaust mount springs

14. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    so the capristo brackets are flawed but the tubi aren't?

so if i want to put a capristo exhaust on i shld find tubi brackets?

15. jo.e

jo.e Karting

Jan 6, 2017
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Jochen
    A friend had the Capristo brackets and he had no problem with them. I am not sure if I have to buy the Capristo brackets or not. I think Capristo gives only guarantee for the headers when the brackets are in the car. Tomorrow I know more...

Modena83 likes this.
  16. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Yeh I went brackets, headers, and hiflow cats.

I've definitely noticed a real vibration especially when looking in the rear view mirror. Right now ihave oem mufflers but have been thinking of adding a capristo. I'm a. If tubi fan and have been for 20yrs so I'd be equally as happy ad adding a tubi if the brackets are materially better.

Sent from my BBB100-3 using Tapatalk

17. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    So you can’t just do Tubi brackets. They come with the ferrari branded sport muffler. System and brackets are different from standard muffler. It is an integrated system. It is also different than just buying a muffler for your 430 from Tubi. The muffler and brackets I refer to are sold by ferrari dealers as a Ferrari F430 sport exhaust that happens to be made by Tubi for ferrari.

I had a lot of issues with the standard muffler and brackets and have none with the sport exhaust. With that said, I am a sample set of one. I personally am Leary when I see a handful of internet testimonials on what does and does not work as it is not scientific nor are the findings statistically significant in almost every case. So, I can only Relate my experience. There was a thread a while back on the ferrari sport muffler. Might be worth reviving the thread to see how people are doing with their sport mufflers and brackets.

van22 and Keith Ngulube like this.
  18. Jgivoo

Jgivoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2016
    New Jersey

My OEM sport exhaust has zero issues Allows system to expand without putting any thermal stresses on the system especially the Mark II headers.

19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    ok thanks, so the answer is to pick up a sport exhaust from ferrari then.

20. Jgivoo

Jgivoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2016
    New Jersey
  21. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    great pic thks

22. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    The OEM F430 valved tail pipes are very heavy and have no support, that is where at least my lighter Fuchs X valved pipe helps

23. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    so finally got round to this today as have also to reinstall 430 OEM valved tail pipes for the Swiss vehicle metriculation/MOT /MFK test. The OEM sprung exhaust bracket is actaully not a bad design but I can tell you that the OEM valued tail pipes are i) they are ridiculously heavy ii) as there is no merging of the exhaust gasses it sounds terribly weak vs the FUCHS X Tail pipe which is going straight Image Unavailable, Please Login back on as soon as I am done with the test

24. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    Its a great upgrade

25. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005