renting an fcar (photoshoot) | FerrariChat

renting an fcar (photoshoot)

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by TestShoot, Apr 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    I am in the process of beginning to do paint schemes on a proposed track car for pr related to a line of automotive products under our brand/license for some investors in hong kong.

I need to see if any of you are willing to or know of a place that we can rent a non spider fcar. we are thinking of buying two cars but in general i need to take shots so i can photoshop textures onto the cars to look like they are infact painted up under our sponsors and titles before we buy the cars. sponsor approval goes a long way.

if we rent, we don't want f-1 shifters, for the reason of moving the car, we'd probably trailer the car anyway, push it into place.

I know budget beverly hills, executive and shuki, but those cars are pretty beaten. I will probably not do studio work, so no draining of the tank, and depending on the location of the car, we'll probably arrange to shoot near it.

btw, I am probably art directing the shoot, and i have an automotive guy to actually do the photography. when we do the m@xim shoot, i'll be doing the photography, but by then, we should have our cars. (crossing fingers)

2. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Showcase Rentals on PCH right off of the Jamboree intersection rents out Ferraris and other exotics for much cheaper than Beverly Hills.

3. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    i was not so concerned with paying 1500/day as i am with having a good car. i plan on doing to work in photoshop and not thrilled with reconstructive surgery on a car that is abused by a weekend renter wahoo. most places i cross have 355 or 348, which are too old to do me any good if i want to stay contemporary. we want to get a car we can have access to when we want to buy by going around town.