Repainting the Doha Dino | FerrariChat

Repainting the Doha Dino

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by simonc, Dec 3, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
    I may decide to repaint the Dino. Probably not until I return to the UK, but it is something I am giving consideration to.

It is now light metallic blue - see pictures in my previous thread.

Originally it was Rosso Chiaro (the usual Ferrari red) with black vinyl trim - (1973 - 1977)

Then in was Black with tan leather trim - (1977-1988)

Next is was mid metallic blue with tan leather - (1988 - 19??)

Then it was light metallic blue with tan leather - (19?? - now)

I intend to keep this car for some time and I am a little reluctant to change it back to red. Does the world need another red Dino? The car looks very pretty in light metallic blue but I do not really like the colour very much. I have seen many Dinos in other colours, and some that I that I really like. These are Blue Serra metallic (a dark metallic blue that looks great with tan leather in countries with lots of sun), Giallo Fly (bright yellow, a great favorite), or Germoglio (a really bright 'Kermit' green, which looks great on a GTS with a black rood but is perhaps too much on a GT).

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

2. Peter Tabmow

Peter Tabmow Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    #2 Peter Tabmow, Dec 4, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
    Only the Nocciola/Tan combination I mentioned in a previous post... I think that would be both stunning and distinctive. Of the ones you mention, Giallo Fly is always beautiful on a Dino, but remember that, over time, you are more likely to get tired of a bright, vibrant colour than a more muted, subtle one. In general, I also think very dark colours on a Dino do it a bit of a disservice in suppressing some of the wonderful highlights and shadows created by the body shape, although dark metallics are certainly somewhat better in this respect.

3. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
    #3 simonc, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    A friend has a car in Germany in Nocciola which looks very good in the photos. I need to see it in real life though as generally I don't like gold cars.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Peter Tabmow

Peter Tabmow Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    #4 Peter Tabmow, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
    Based on a comparison of the photos in the brilliant Dino Colors thread, I think the Nocciola would come across pretty clearly as a metallic brown rather than gold...

5. alberto

alberto Formula 3

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto